Factory freak? too fast for what I have done? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factory freak? too fast for what I have done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Factory freak? too fast for what I have done?

im sorry, but i gotta ask to a see a slip as well, your 60's seem way too good for 205's, a lot doesnt seem right.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyC
      Y87 5speed hardtop with Cam, weight redux, ghetto intake, high flow cat, spec stage 3 clutch, aluminum flywheel and straight open exhaust no muffler on 3350lbs race weight me in car = just a cam?

Cammed cars tend to be faster than 15.2, yes.
      ok i thought i read the whole 3 pages but i guess i didnt catch the weight redux, although i do remember the high flowcat. cause a ghetto intake really isnt gunna give you much maybe .05? i dont think i ever caught the alum. fly wheel, but i guess that is about right it just didnt seem like you mentioned all that guess it was just in bits and pieces throughout. well either way thats a quick car, do you have a timeslip yet thou?

Comment

im going back to the track soon but it'll be faster regardless since i've done more to the car.

70 series 205 snowtires on 15" rims with 24psi are pretty sticky actually, they aren't as wide but they have a longer contact patch than the 245/50R16s do. No good for handling though because of all the squirm due to the tall tire. I'm not running 205/60 tires on stock 16" rims, I have alot more tire on my 15s. But yeah, I was surprised too. I did 2.3 second 60' time on my Kumho Ecsta 245/50R16s. Worst tires I've ever had for launching. Snowtires hook like my G-force sport tires did if not better.

The snow tires are Kelley/Wintermark Magna-grip and they are worn down considerably from what they were when I put them on the car.
        \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmI7J_mO0aY

idle video on startup, few quick revs... loving the obnoxious tip, messes witn people. You can hear it lope a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5xGxvHPtbs

quick 0-60
          Last edited by JohnnyC; 10-19-2007, 01:02 AM.
          \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

The best I have seen stock is 15.2 - and I even read wayyyyyyyyy back about one that went 15.1

You are cammed at very least. Little G would be a good comparison to show you that your car has unknown Mods. Do a search
            Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
            1996 Camaro Conv
            2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Originally posted by merlinsrealm
              The best I have seen stock is 15.2 - and I even read wayyyyyyyyy back about one that went 15.1

You are cammed at very least. Little G would be a good comparison to show you that your car has unknown Mods. Do a search
              Waaaaaaaaay back in the day, there was a guy that ran a 14.9.

Y87 car, and I think the guy literaly weighed 110. and it was a 14.999999999 But I am pretty sure that was at cz28, before this board was made

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                Waaaaaaaaay back in the day, there was a guy that ran a 14.9.

Y87 car, and I think the guy literaly weighed 110. and it was a 14.999999999 But I am pretty sure that was at cz28, before this board was made
                You know, I do somewhat remember that..... If I remember right that guy took on sooooo much crap that he was BS'ing.

James probably would remember more about that than I would.
                Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
                1996 Camaro Conv
                2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyC
                  You can hear it lope a little.
                  No, you can hear it alot. Your car is definately cammed...probably still on stock heads, but def. cammed

Comment

I swapped off the heads but left the cam it had in place. I was doing low 14s on the stock heads though. Stock tune is probably holding me back too. Next mod = HPtuners? ;)

I noticed it lopes a bit harder since the head swap, but after a while it sort of smooths out. Whatever cam it is, it'll be replaced by spring, but might as well have fun and tune the sh!t out of it before the big mystery build that I will shut up about until it's actually done :cool:

I'm 6'1 and I weigh 170 soaking wet, for the record. Maybe the driver weight mod is working in my favor since I can't gain an ounce. Me, a good driver in my opinion, versus a 300lb driver who is mediocre at best can equate to a few tenths difference in ET and a few miles an hour I'm sure.

E-town soon, hopefully this week. I'll get some timeslips scanned up.
                    Last edited by JohnnyC; 10-19-2007, 10:53 AM.

Comment

your skinny lo.. im like 6 even and im at 205 :P.. but im muscular too :P.. ive always thought to stop working out to lose weight for driving.. but then i lose the chicks too... :(

but awesome dude... I wish my car was secretly cammed... instead of finding something cool in my car, I found it was owned by some guy in carol city (HORRIBLE, GHETTO, DRIVE BY'S EVERY DAY NEIGHBORHOOD)
                      WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

the area I lived in Florida, you wouldn't be surprised to hear of someone getting harpooned by the driver of a lime green '78 Monte Carlo on 30" rims whose day job is running the local pawn shop / strip club combo shop.

haha, chicks are better than low ET's. Sometimes.

Comment

eh.. the pecker decides what todays goal is.. right now todays goal is the chick in front of me on the other computer:naughty:
                          WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

w00t! haha, always think with the right head. sometimes the right head gets you in trouble though.

Comment

Ehh I'm thinking either cammed or gross exageration.. I'd like to see a time slip
                              2000 Firebird.. Whisper lid, Custom exhaust, FRA mod, MSD Coil packs, MSD wires, TCI 3000 stall verter, TSP mail order tune. No times as of yet waiting for the track to open

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X