thinkin bout goin back to a V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinkin bout goin back to a V6

After the work put into my 94 Z and have it complete im seriously considering going to a 98+V6, I love my car but thers just somehting about the newer ones i like better, yea the power difference in a v8 and v6 but i believe i have came out of my power kick. I think i'm going to start looking for a 98+ V6 5-speed.....good idea or not?

Re: thinkin bout goin back to a V6

There is nothing wrong with that idea. Is there a reason you aren't looking at a LS-1? In my experience it's harder to find a V6 with desirable options. Especially on a T-5.

Comment

honestly i just dont care about havin a v8 anymore...I got rid of my 3.4 for a Lt1 car and loved it, but i mean, i take it to the track and race and theres no point in havin that much power if i don't need it ya know? so i jus decided on a findin a nice v6 5 speed car. i don't care much about havin power windows or locks cause in my opinion there nothin but trouble . i just want a decent car 98+ v6 5 speed and has to have t-tops thats the one thing i do care bout.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
        In my experience it's harder to find a V6 with desirable options. Especially on a T-5.
        Amen!!! What's up with that? It took me months searching the country for mine and it still wasn't exact.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

well i got one for sale...although its a not a 5-speed it has t-tops and some other things you might like.

Comment

Today 12:58 PM
            00FlowCamaro well i got one for sale...although its a not a 5-speed it has t-tops and some other things you might like.

where u located at?
            some details if u dont care

Comment

it seems most iwth options are autos....

mine was wierd, all options but leather and t-tops and a 5-speed

but I added the t-tops later

Comment

Well V6's auto is better than the manual anyway. If it's any other cars I wouldn't recommend auto.

Get a 98+ Firebird with a Y87 package. 98+ Firebird is just plain good looking, esp. with the WS6 hood.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                  it seems most iwth options are autos....

mine was wierd, all options but leather and t-tops and a 5-speed

but I added the t-tops later
                  My M5 was loaded, except it had hub caps and was the wrong color. Since wheels are a must anyway and I can always paint, I went for it.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor
                    Well V6's auto is better than the manual anyway. If it's any other cars I wouldn't recommend auto.
                    I don't think there is anything wrong with a T-5 on a stock car or mildly modified car that isn't beat on. People who are breaking them are putting down too much power or beating the crap out of them.

My T-5 was everything but leather and cd changer.

Comment

3800 V6 F-bodies are just wonderful, the definition of a sports car for folks with limited resourses, if they have a 5 speed manual, and the basic bolt-ons like catback, shortshifter and 'Lid.
                      Stock with auto, they are fun commuters with potential...
                      Welcome back to the dark side

Comment

i couldnt do it. id keep the v8 and buy a v6 for a DD.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=82153

It has all the information, the only stuff that I dont have added in there are that it has t-tops and a monsoon sound system with new factory AC Delco speakers, because factory speakers are the ones that i have the most luck with that sound good. Watertown, WI
                          Last edited by 00FlowCamaro; 07-19-2007, 05:07 PM.

Comment

perfect! you can get flow's 3.8 and just send me your Z...everybody wins!
                            1994 Camaro 3.4 L V6 <br />2.5\" Flowmaster 80 Series American Thunder Exhaust<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Sony Head Unit<br />Pioneer Midranges<br />2 10\" Sony XPlod 1100 W Subs<br />Power Acoustiks 980 W Amp<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/heartbeat_of_94</a>

Comment

I have a t-5 for sale go check out my post in the for sale part

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X