May be getting rid of the Camaro :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May be getting rid of the Camaro :(

Well, my uncle bought a 97 Black Z-28 Convertible with a non-running LT1. The car had been sitting for about 6 months they said, but he, being a mechanic for the county, had planned on rebuilding it for her. He bought a wrecked 98 TA with an LS1 that he had planned on swapping in there. He ended up selling that since he was offer $3800 for the motor and tranny, but before he sold it, he swapped the interiors and rear ends. Well, she changed her mind and got an '05 C6 Vette. So, he told my dad that if I wanted the Z, I could have it for the price he paid for it ($1300), and he'll help me get it running. So, I've been thinking of either giving the 3.8 to my brother, or selling it to buy a new motor from the Z. So, basically, I'm being offered a Black, 30th Anniversary, Convertible Camaro with a blown LT1 for dirt cheap. Only has 80K on the clock. The rear end had been swapped out from the clutch LSD w/3.23's (now in my V6 with 3.73's) to the gear type w/2.73's and bigger brakes. If I did get it, should I swap the rear back? I want speed, but being an 8 cylinder, I'm wondering how it'll be on gas, so maybe the 2.73's will be better since I do alot of highway driving. Also, I just put an aftermarket Z28 exhaust on my V6, along with a LT1 cold air intake, both of which I may swap over to the Z, if I get it. What do you guys think about putting these parts (back) on the Z? Since it's an 8 cylinder, I'm not going to mod it much (just the main bolt-ons, if anything), but I've already got alot of appearance mods picked out for it :D
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Re: May be getting rid of the Camaro :(

2.73s are sucks.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
      2.73s are sucks.
      I know, but ~2x the HP is going to be nice :D. I'm thinking of swapping it back, but I kinda of want to keep this LSD, since it's repairable if it ever fails, and since the gears would do better MPG wise. Like I said, alot of highway miles, so 3.73's may be abit too high for me. Maybe a set of 3.42's, idk yet. Although, I'm getting roughly 29MPG with my 3.8 and my leadfoot with 3.73's.
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Comment

I have 2.73s in my rear end. I love them and I get great gas milage.

Comment

screw 2.73s...
          6-speed FTW....

if you have a daily driver, not a bad idea. Butif you are getting rid of your only car for it... not such a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by F-Body_SS-Man
            I have 2.73s in my rear end. I love them and I get great gas milage.
            i have them too, and i hate them. gas milage isnt that much better. besides, youre driving a muscle car, who cares about gas mileage.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

i have them too, and i hate them. gas milage isnt that much better. besides, youre driving a muscle car, who cares about gas mileage.
              Exactly.

3.23s FTW
              Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

screw that.

4.56s FTW!
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I do! I am considerate about that stuff because I do not pay for it.

Comment

3.23-3.42's FTW. :)

Comment

2.73s arent that bad with an LS1. Saves on gas, sure u dont get as good as a kick sometimes, but I still went 13.32@104.7 near stock (lid,cutout) with 2.73s.
                      \'98 z28<br /> <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all\" target=\"_blank\">http://photobucket.com/albums/a245/GreatSave9/?start=all</a>

Comment

Originally posted by greatsave9
                        2.73s arent that bad with an LS1. Saves on gas, sure u dont get as good as a kick sometimes, but I still went 13.32@104.7 near stock (lid,cutout) with 2.73s.
                        LT1, not LS1. If I get it, I'm most likely going to do exhaust and intake to it, and then leave it alone. Then it's all appearance stuff (stripes, body kit, rims, etc).
                        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                        A few things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X