Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline for a bit

Guy-

This is going to be one of the harder times in my life and will be offline for a bit.

I just got home from what was suppose to be vacation, but has now turned into a funeral.

Many of you know I ride a bike. 6 of my closest friends and I headed out on Tuesday for TN, home of the Dragon. Arriving on wed got settled in, etc. Thursday we all started our ride, had little incident but still needed to had back to the cabin. 4 stayed, 3 went on to run the Dragon one last time for the night. That would be the last time one of my best friends would ever be with us.

One of our best riders grabbed too much front brake in a left hand sweeper, low sided and no guard rail, he went over. CPR for 30 mins but was pronounced at the scene. One guy watched it happen, I was already back at the cabin doing my normal thing, wrenching on a bike when the 2 came back to tell us.

So needless to say, this week will not be what I had in mind with the remainder of my vacation time. So I need to process all this and then get back to what my original plans were, working on things here.

Moderator, keep things in line please.

Riders, PLEASE stay safe and take your time, ride your own ride and just enjoy it.

Steve
    FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
    Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
    Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Re: Offline for a bit

Sorry to hear about your friend Steve. He and his family will be in my prayers.

Comment

sorry to hear that steve, you know you have a support group in us here if you need to vent about it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

:(
        RIP, Steve's friend.
        Best of luck getting everything sorted out. my thoughts are with his friends and family.
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold
        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Sorry to hear man.
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

"Thursday July 12, 2007 - A Michigan rider, Kevin James Hoyt (40), became the first fatality on the Dragon in 2007. The accident was one of many at the tricky Guard Rail Cliff corner at mile 7.2. Troopers measured the fall at 80 feet below the road." - www.tailofthedragon.com

Teal, I'm sorry. If that's your friend, that's terrible. My prayers are with you, the man's family and his friends.
            ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

That's tough man........best of wishes.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

as a motorcycle rider myself, i know how safe you have to be riding.. RIP, good luck sorting things steve.

It happens to the best of us, I lost a friend in school to a motorcycle accident
                *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by silvachris1
                  "Thursday July 12, 2007 - A Michigan rider, Kevin James Hoyt (40), became the first fatality on the Dragon in 2007. The accident was one of many at the tricky Guard Rail Cliff corner at mile 7.2. Troopers measured the fall at 80 feet below the road." - www.tailofthedragon.com

Teal, I'm sorry. If that's your friend, that's terrible. My prayers are with you, the man's family and his friends.
                  Yes, that would be "Captain".

When I get my thoughts together over the coming days, I will post up more. There are many memories and photos being collected, discussed, remembering him. Processing it is just a blur. But I will share how great a friend he was to me and the rest of our group.
                  FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                  Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                  Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Originally posted by TealV6
                    Yes, that would be "Captain".

When I get my thoughts together over the coming days, I will post up more. There are many memories and photos being collected, discussed, remembering him. Processing it is just a blur. But I will share how great a friend he was to me and the rest of our group.
                    Thats the best thing to do... as hard as it is. One of my good friends died a few years ago, and we all went through and found every picture we have of him. We put together a DVD that is more than an hour long, of short video clips and pictures. Its a nice thing to have for those days when i start thinking, and need to see him to cheer myself up!

Good luck, Its times like these when you really see just how much your friends mean to you.
                    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                    2006 S60- Sold
                    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Sorry to hear about that.

R.I.P. CAPTAIN
                      Originally posted by kala
                      I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
                      parting her out

Comment

so sorry to hear about your loss steve.

like others have said, we're all here for you when/if you need us.

take your time, the mods will keep the site going as smoothly as possible.

rest in peace captain.

edit: bad timeing but, happy late b-day steve, (i missed it yesterday i was at the track.)
                        1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

We're all here for you bud. Take the time you need for yourself, and keep the ones you love close to you.

All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. -Henry Ellis

Comment

Wow, thats terrible. Just share the good times and make his friends and family very comfortable... its gonna be hard for everyone that knows him.
                            Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

That's the second fatal motorcycle accident I've heard in 2 days from "a friend" of a friend. The other was a head on. I'm really sorry to hear about that. Hang in there. My prayers are with you, your friends, and his family.
                              2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
                              1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
                              2011 Cadillac CTS-V
                              2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
                              2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X