New Yawk, New Yawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yawk, New Yawk

I'm sitting around my hotel room in New York City, got here last night. Drove 13 hours with a couple friends of mine from Chicago, one of the kids got a ticket for 86 in a 70 in Indiana. Other than that, we had a pretty good drive... a flaming semi-truck in Ohio, s***loads of fog in Pennsylvania (beautiful drive, the mountains are amazing), good drive through Jersey.
    When we got to the hotel, we found out they put us on a nonsmoking floor (4th), so my friends went down to request a smoking room, i could have cared less but they insisted. So they upgraded us to a rooftop suite (16th floor) in the middle of New York! There was a private party outside of our hotel last night, and we were just walking around mingling with guests. The Empire State building is right outside my window, and we have a bar outside our door after 9pm. The Dispatch concert is tonight, and I was just killing some time until we hit the city, wanted to post up and share my experience with you guys so far.

Anybody live/work around here?
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Re: New Yawk, New Yawk

well, i dont live in NY, but you drove within 20-30 mins of me if you came across PA on I-80. It is a pretty nice drive, but all those mountains and trees get boring after a while.

And that hotel sounds freakin sweet too..
    Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

When I went to New York City, we stayed in the Mariot Marquee in Times Square. We were on like the 50th floor and we weren't even close to the top..
      It was a very nice hotel though. New York is pretty awesome\.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

How'd Ohio look?

Take some pics if you can
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

lol, i hate driving across ohio/pa. i had 2 tickets to the concert tonight (still have 4 for sunday though) and if i had known someone from here was going, i would have driven up there!
          its going to be a sick show. are you going to the one tomorrow or sunday?
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
            When I went to New York City, we stayed in the Mariot Marquee in Times Square. We were on like the 50th floor and we weren't even close to the top..
            It was a very nice hotel though. New York is pretty awesome\.
            I've stayed there before. It is really nice.

I own a house (it's for sale. anyone? anyone?) about 45 miles north of the city. Used to go down all the time years ago. If you are into live music check out CBGBs or crap I can't recall the name. It's on Bleeker st. ask around, someone will know.

FYI, those gold watchs, sunglasses, etc are all cheap fakes. not worth the $15. oh, and you can talk those guys down to $5 VERY easy.

and the card games on the sidewalk are all rigged. don't do it.

oh yeah whatever you do, don't look at a map and don't act like a tourist.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

I just got back home, that drive is a killer! Dispatch was an insane show, and the city was amazing in general. I got some pictures from the trip, I'll try and upload them tomorrow when I'm not half asleep! I tried not to look like a tourist, I didn't get mugged or pickpocketed, so I suppose I succeeded...

pics hopefully tomorrow
              2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

i live about 40 min east of the city
                1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                1994 Camaro - Sold
                1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs
                  i live about 40 min east of the city
                  wow it must be really uncomfortable treading water all day
                  2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
                    ahaahaahah!

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
                      So neither of you ever heard of Long Island?
                      <a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=11856&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">05 GTO</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpaisley.com/displayfile.do?file_id=2825&size=ORIGINAL\" target=\"_blank\">97 W68</a><br /><a href=\"http://dpo.rpai

Comment

Dispatch is awesome, and that sounds like you guys got a cool place to stay..

Careful driving through ohio, especially if your taking the turnpike... The state patrol is always patroling very heavily.
                        2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
                          Dispatch is awesome, and that sounds like you guys got a cool place to stay..

Careful driving through ohio, especially if your taking the turnpike... The state patrol is always patroling very heavily.
                          I didn't see any cops in Ohio, they were all over the place in indiana/pennsylvania... my valentine 1 saved me on more than one occasion...
                          2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by JusFlyinBy
                            So neither of you ever heard of Long Island?
                            yeah i didnt think about that until later on, i feel pretty dumb
                            2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

i didnt think that long island was 40 mins away from the city
                              but i wouldnt know, i dont live down there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X