Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support

Ok, I'll briefly sum up my story.

My ""Father"" but I'll call him John, didn't pay child support for me ages 0-18...I'm 19 now. When i was 9 my mother married my dad, who adopted me (all legit thru courts and such).

However, while me and my mother lived in ****ty apartments and ate mac and cheese, John moved out of the state and was driving porches...not one but 2 in different states (he had two houses i believe in two east coast states)...so I honestly do not feel any remorse if he has to dish out his precious money.

My question is, does anyone know anything about this? I'm an adult now so I don't know if that limits my ability to recieve the funds or not, or having my dad adopt me has an influence...
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Re: Child Support

That's a tangled web. I wouldn't think there would be anything you personally could do, but find a lawyer and get a free consultation.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

i have one, but this would be a civil case...i can see if he has any idea
      1999 Camaro Z/28
      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Join the club, just accept there are no freebies and after the courts get done with it it will cost more than you want or will believe.
        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I think it's too late for you to directly recieve anything, since you're over 18. Your mom may be able to get some money if you pursue your biological father in court.

Comment

wont happen. he'll get effed in the A but niether you or your mom will see any of the money.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Here's my advice one bastard to another. Find him and sabatoge him. Destroy his life. Non violently of course, or however you see fit.
              Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I'm almost 19 now, and my mom and dad both had agreed on that my mom would be the only one paying child support. I dont know why, it's their business. Now unless you're parents had agreed on the same thing, then my friend there is nothing you can do. If your mom had needed that child support money she probably should have brought this to his attention years ago. I know where you're coming from though.

Comment

His defense could be that you waited this long to pursue this case... therefore you were not effected that badly. Now, I know this isn't true, but thats the way they will look at it. My step brother's dad finally showed up after 22 years and tries to give him money all the time... but he won't take it. To him, the money is worthless compared to the anguish.
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

**** that!!! take the money for him josh, then send me half for the great idea :D

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

i think the adoption screwed you, your father now has no ties to you besides dna

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
                        Join the club, just accept there are no freebies and after the courts get done with it it will cost more than you want or will believe.
                        thats the truth dude. my parents are divorced but my dad DID pay his child support (not that I saw any of it). my mother is a greedy, lazy, blood sucking succubus who wants nothing more than to see him living in a cardboard box out on 8 mile (love how Eminem made it so everyone in the nation understands 8 mile). he and she battled in court for like 3 YEARS with me and my sister thrown in the middle. in the end, she got no more child support than she was initially entitled to (which is more than most college grads make in a year anyways) and they spend well over 300k in court and lawyer fees. i can only wonder what would've happened if they didnt spend all that. i'm pretty sure i'd have the v-8 i've always wanted and i wouldnt be taking out college loans...

you can try it dude, but dont let a lawyer suck even more money out of you is all i'm saying. be careful.
                        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                          My question is, does anyone know anything about this? I'm an adult now so I don't know if that limits my ability to recieve the funds or not, or having my dad adopt me has an influence...

Child support is not for you. It is to cover the expenses of raising you by the custodial spouse, and paid to that spouse. Child support typically ends at 18.

Children get no money in a divorce.
                          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Looks like another case of the child should have gone to the father not the mother.

Rob
                            \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

From what I've read on the child support I've been involved with is:

(and probably varies state-state) He is liable for child support in arrears form 0-9 (when you were adopted by your dad)

I'm not saying I'm right/wrong, but your mom will have to bring this up in court, most likely in the state that the divorce was finalized in.
                              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                              94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X