Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice about 16" tires

Hey folks

I am going to buy a new set of 16" tires, but I am not sure if I should buy 245/50-16 or 245/45-16. I am not sure if I was just looking at the wrong photos, but sometimes it looks like the 245/50-16 has a pretty big sidewall when looking at it mounted on the 16" Firebird 5-star wheels.

Is the 245/45-16 a better choice, or is it something that isn't too popular on our cars?

Re: Need some advice about 16" tires

I have always used the 245/50's its really about perfect in my opinion a lot of good tires are made in that size if i wanted to go any smaller sidewall id probably go to a 17" rim.

Comment

its' all really about preference, the 40 sidewall will be a little smaller.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

No, i'll tell you what has too much sidewall. My 225/60s.

I'm getting 245/50s within the next week or so. Personally I think a 16" wheel on an fbody needs at least the 245/50 sidewall. IMO if the sidewall looks good, it can look smaller and better than a smaller uglier sidewall. My sidewalls for instance..are huge and fugly.

45s would decrease ride quality a bit as well, but might have a little less flex. personally i'd stick with 50s.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          No, i'll tell you what has too much sidewall. My 225/60s.
          Actually, that's exactly what I have right now too. This is why I want to change them! I'll probably just get the 50-16. I calculated that going from 225/60-16 to 245/50-16 will lower the car overall by 1", and along with the wider tires from rear view, it should improve the look somewhat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X