Damn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn...

Soooo many teens are getting into car accidents around my area lately. This latest one is really sad, 5 girls in one SUV die in a head-on collision with a semi on their way down to their parent's cottage. All had just graduated from a local high school, 4 were cheerleaders. Another group of 4 friends were following behind, and witnessed the whole thing. A news reporter that I know says one of the girls tried to save the girls in the burning SUV but collapsed and was dragged to safety by the semi driver. I'm not really sure why, but this story really gets to me. I lost a classmate last year about a month before graduation in a car accident, and about a month ago there was a week where I think 17 people died in car-related accidents. This just really sucks, that they all died before starting the best years of their lives. And I feel for the friends who were riding behind them, and had to witness it all. Here is a link to the story... http://democratandchronicle.com/apps...RPORT_PERINTON

I didn't know any of the girls personally, although I may have met one of them here or there at a party or something. But my friends and I drove through the town the day after the accident to go to a car meet and the town was nearly dead, where it is usually booming with activity. It just really sucks, and is making me choke up every time I see it on the news and in the paper.

Be safe everyone...
    Last edited by Earnhardt132000; 06-29-2007, 10:09 PM.
    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Re: Damn...

so did they drive in front of the semi or what? link didnt work for me so im out in the dark.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Link fixed. The driver legally passed a van and after completing the pass went back into the other lane and struck the semi...
      <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

not to sound like a d i c k, but it sounds like they should have been paying better attention to the road.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        Or this

Comment

its always sad hearing stories like this. my thoughts go out to their friends and family.

one of my good friends died in 11th grade because the kid driving his car was trying to show off. the kid was the most well-liked kid in the school, friends with everyone. to this day, when i hear the song that they played at one of the services for him, my eyes tear up.

this year was also only the second year in a LONG time that none of the seniors from my local public school died graduation week... people just get careless when it seems like life cant get any better. its a shame because they really do miss out on the best years of their life.
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
            not to sound like a d i c k, but it sounds like they should have been paying better attention to the road.
            I feel relieved to know that I am not the only cold hearted f*** on this board. I agree totally. Too many people out there not paying attention to the road, not driving the car they sit in. They seem to be too busy doing something else to actually take time out of the day to pilot the 2 or 4 ton machine their fatass is sitting in. I have seen it BAD here in Chicagoland, especially the closer to the city I get. People just not paying attention.

No reason whatsoever should be a good excuse as to why you aren't paying attention to the road. If you are paying attention, most of the time not only will you be a safe driver yourself, you can avoid the wreckless ones.....like me.
            1995 Pontiac Firebird
            2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
              I feel relieved to know that I am not the only cold hearted f*** on this board. I agree totally. Too many people out there not paying attention to the road, not driving the car they sit in. They seem to be too busy doing something else to actually take time out of the day to pilot the 2 or 4 ton machine their fatass is sitting in. I have seen it BAD here in Chicagoland, especially the closer to the city I get. People just not paying attention.

No reason whatsoever should be a good excuse as to why you aren't paying attention to the road. If you are paying attention, most of the time not only will you be a safe driver yourself, you can avoid the wreckless ones.....like me.

I feel the same way. Its qiute a tradgity that so many people die in car accidents every year, and i was very close to being one of them. To many people not only dont pay attention but do stupid stuff while driving. Do you really need to cut that person off to get to where your going 30 seconds faster? Some people just dont realize that their driving a 2 ton peice a metal that is driven by a series of explostions that push them 10 times faster than god inteded them to.

Not only that, too many people dont know how to drive. Make the tests harder, I remeber when i first got my leinece a while back, I was nervious, but in reality i could have passed it blind folded. And that usally brings up another problem, alot of people that have a suspended lience drive anyway. I say if they get pulled over, Impound the car & dont give it back. They should have not been driving and that is the only real thing to make them stop.

people shouldnt just be tested on how to drive around the block & park in a parking lot. Thats not reality. They should be taught how to handle emgency situations & drive in city and highway enviroments. The bad drivers arnt usally the ones going to fast. Its the ones going to slow. Just today comming home from work, getting on I-75 southbound. Im behind a car he gets up to 45 on the off ramp. Holds it there and at the end, taps his brakes to go 40 and gets in the right lane while having cars drive by at 80 & leaving the rest of us in line to get our cars up to speed & try to get on the interstate. I have no problem getting over to let somone pass me if they want to go 90. I have a problem with lines of traffic getting stuck behind some lady in her camry becuase she wants to go 65mph in the left lane.:slap:

Which can go into a whole other topic of raising speed limits but, i wont even go there. (they should be 90 on interstates...)

Not that I have an opinion about it or anything :D :work:

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th

QFMFT

Follow me!
                Or this

Comment

In a situation like this, it just goes to show some kids aren't ready to drive. I'm happy I wasn't allowed to get my temps until I was almost 18. I had two years to learn from my friend's driving mistakes. Unfortunately, it takes a horrible thing like the above incident to make people realize many teens are not fit to drive. Especially when there are multiple other kids in there with them who will easily distract them. It's human nature to be social; that doesn't mix well with driving. Also, part of being a teen is growing up and learning from your mistakes, regrettably some kids never get to learn. It's truly sad that promising lives are lost but it is often due to lack of experience, respect, and common sense.

Comment

mostly common sense.

Follow me!
                    Or this

Comment

yeah. a week or two ago a kid that graduated the high school 2 miles from me (where almost all of my friends went) was killed in a headon collision w/ a tractor trailer. Wasnt drinking, just fell asleep. gives me the creeps cuz the only accident i've been in w/ the camaro, i was asleep.
                      http://www.dailytribune.com/stories/...death001.shtml

then i found out yesterday that my friend's 19 year old brother was killed at 3am on thursday morning. drunk and driving, pure and simple. he hit a tree, wastn wearing a seatbelt.
                      http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...479/1003/METRO
                      apparently he snuck out of the party he was at. nobody saw him leave (if they had, they werent going to let him leave). you can say he deserved it because he was being an idiot, and frankly, you're right. he was being irresponsible, playing w/ fire and he got burned. but to see his family like they are? I gotta be at the viewing today and the service is monday and i gotta sit here last nite and hear dave begging me "why?" while bawling his eyes outon the phone? he doesnt deserve that. its just sad. 19 years old, drank himself so drunk he wasnt aware of his actions and winds up dead. great kid, great family. its just a shame...
                      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

its called being responsible. everything you do doesnt just affect you, but everyone around you. if you dont **** like this happens. maybe some day people will understand that.

Follow me!
                        Or this

Comment

You know what I don't understand is why it's always the pretty little white girls that get all the attention. Wether it be an accident that was apparently their fault, so there should more of a story about how to teach people to ****ing pay attention or a person that goes missing. There's plenty of tradgedies that happen in this country everyday but the ones that get all the attention are the ones involving the rich little white girls. It just grinds my gears that people will have an outcry for these girls when they ****ed up, honestly who cares. People die everyday, that's a fact of life. Too harsh?
                          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

maybe it makes people secretly happly to hear about rich little white girls get their come uppins (sp?) ???
                            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                            94 comero 3.4

Comment

i noticed this lately to... its on the news every year ... right before their life really begins it ends... Right after I left high school lots of kids from my school and class started dying in car acc. and other random ways... Billy Joel was dead on with his song.. only the good die young ... in the beg. of june my friend Lauren who i have known since i was 8 died... hell just in 2007 i have been to 6 funerals its horrible

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X