Ways to find HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to find HP

Is there any other way to find a cars horsepower rating other than running it on the dyno? HP Tuners maybe? dyno runs are too expensive...
    Last edited by DHiser27; 06-27-2007, 09:59 PM.

Re: Ways to find HP

HP Tuners cost even more. The best way to get the most precise reading is a dyno.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

dyno's the only way to accurately get a rating...yea, you can make some weak calculations based off of your 1/4 trap, but those are flimsy at best.

Comment

well I plan on getting HP Tuners anyway to tune my car. I dont mind if estimates are flimsy...cause when Im finished modding my car for good I will get it dyno'ed for final results, but on the way to my goal I would like to have an estimate without dropping the cash to get it dyno'ed multiple times. what is the average cost anyway? Ive been told in the ballpark of 125 bucks...

Comment

my last dyno day was 25 bucks for 3 pulls, just find a dyno day in your area
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

woa.... 125 bucks for a dyno?
            50 at most for multiple pulls

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by DHiser27
              cause when Im finished modding my car for good I will get it dyno'ed for final results
              Note that the inexpensive dynos most people use, with part-time dyno operators and varying conditions, are not all that accurate. +/- 5-10 HP is my (wild) guess. I'm always tickled when people report "206.7 HP", like the .7 meant anything.

They're best for before/after comparisons. Even then you want the same dyno, same operator, same temperature, etc.
              2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

Have you ran it in the quarter mile. I can calculate hp estimates for you.

Just give me your trap speed and weight of the car.

I will do this for anybody.

Comment

V6Bob is dead on. Dyno numbers are a pretty vague description of a cars power since conditions range so wildly.

Comment

oh wow only 25 or 50? well then i dont care about dropping that haha. Thanks a lot guys.

Comment

Originally posted by DHiser27
                      Ive been told in the ballpark of 125 bucks...
                      someone lied to you...most expensive rate i've seen locally is $75 for 3 pulls

Comment

its around 50-60 here for 2 pulls. and no, you cant get HP numbers from HPTuners.
                        Dave:
                        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X