Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Is Effin' Bs!

so a lil life story fer ya guys:
    i went to a private high school back in the day. i wanted to go public but my dad wouldn't let me. parents were divorced (still are) and mom told me to eff off and find my own way to school cuz she pinned the problems on my dad. dad lives 45 minutes away and i live even further from his work, so there was no way he was pickin me up. until early junior year when i finally bought my car, i had to wake up at 5 am to walk 2 1/2 miles to my bus stop. when the school changed the route, i would've had to walk 6 miles to get there, and it was the first stop too, so i would've had to get up at like 3.
    so i had to bum rides. kids that i didnt know, never talked to before, i had to ask them or thier parents to go out of their way to drive me to school. this went on for 2 years and change.
    i always vowed that i'd never be without a car ever again and give rides to those who do because i know how bad it sucks when you're getting effed over.

so i got my camaro for the 3800 bulletproof engine. i wanted a car to last me a long *** time. but just to add that extra bit of insurance, i bought my 95 sonoma. just in case something happened to the camaro.

so what happens? fuel pump on the truck dies last week. i just took the bed off yesterday and went over to canadia to hit the bars w/ my friends overnight.
    well, i think i hit something going thru detroit to get to canadia (probably a bum or sumthing) and didnt think anything of it. car bottoms out all the time. you all know that.
    this morning comes and whatsup? the damn camaro wont crank. worked fine yesterday! no problems! but for some reason it just wouldn't crank. even tried jumping it. nothing. i'm so pissed off right now.
    dispite my best efforts, i have no car AGAIN! looks like i'll have to buy a damn dealership full of cars or sumthing. this is just rediculous. i HATE not having the freedom to go anywhere.
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Re: This Is Effin' Bs!

damn, that blows. take the subs out and get them installed on a public bus?
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

if oi birdv8 wasnt a member here, id say you have the worst luck, but he goes thru a car a week

sucks dude.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

i just wish my luck werent so damn crappy... i baby the hell outta both of my cars and now i'm stuck begging people for rides everywhere again. i swear, you take for granted the ability to go 2 miles SOOOO easily when you have a car. looks like i'll be buying ANOTHER car now soon. come hell or high water, i WILL not have this happen to me again. i guess i'll just be like jay leno and get a warehouse full of cars. i cant STAND this. grrr... i'm so angry and yet, so sad. my baby is dead pretty much. stuck in another country and about as useful as a big hunk of scrapmetal.
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom
          i just wish my luck werent so damn crappy... i baby the hell outta both of my cars and now i'm stuck begging people for rides everywhere again. i swear, you take for granted the ability to go 2 miles SOOOO easily when you have a car. looks like i'll be buying ANOTHER car now soon. come hell or high water, i WILL not have this happen to me again. i guess i'll just be like jay leno and get a warehouse full of cars. i cant STAND this. grrr... i'm so angry and yet, so sad. my baby is dead pretty much. stuck in another country and about as useful as a big hunk of scrapmetal.
          after working at a scrap metal yard, i think youre exaggerating.

oh, and i bet my luck is even worse than yours. get on AIM some time and i'll tell you some recent stories that will make you feel much better, lol.
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold
          2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

I hear ya. As soon as I turned 16 I got a job and worked 3 months 35 hours a week while keeping a 3.7 gpa in school. After that 3 months I had a decent amount saved up for a down payment. I got my 99 camaro 5spd for the 3800 tank. Got it around 90k miles and had all service records. I also kept up maintenance and checked everything weekly. Drove it easy, usually shift around 2500 RPM, or 3500 RPM if I was in a hurry. Driving down the highway one day and the temp shoots up and oil pressure drops. I pulled over and heard a small knocking and I knew that was it. Babied it home and by the time I got in the driveway, the knock was so bad it was shaking the car from side to side. So I had to add onto my loan and I bought a 3.8 from a firebird and completely rebuilt it. Motor has about 7k miles and so far so good.

**** happens but you will get it figured out. Stay strong and keep your head up. You'll be fine and she'll be running again ;)

Comment

dude it will take an afternoon to do a fuel pump, then craw under the camaro to find out what the problem is there. fix that then you have 2 cars again. nbd
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

took me ALL DAY today to do the truck, but i'm very pleased w/ myself that i diagnosed and fixed it all by myself. only thing i needed help w/ was moving the bed off and on again. i'm sun burned. probably have cancer from sticking my arm in the fuel tank to retrieve the stupid strainer 3 times. i'm tired, filthy and i fell asleep under the car twice.
                but i'm SOO happy right now that i CAN get around... i bought myself some smithwicks (a DAMN good dark irish beer) and a big ol' fat stogie and sat in the truck bed for a good 45 mins puffin and drinkin away to congratulate myself on a job well done.
                onto Canadia tomorrow!

Comment

that's life for ya...

doesn't it suck?

but i'm sorry to hear that though

Comment

only thing i needed help w/ was moving the bed off and on again.
                    What in ****s name were you doing? you took the BED off the truck? I congradulate you, I would have just dropped the tank from the frame.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Life sucks, sucks even more with divorced parents that don't give a **** about you. Ah well, laugh at the bad times so you can enjoy the good even more.
                      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                        What in ****s name were you doing? you took the BED off the truck? I congradulate you, I would have just dropped the tank from the frame.
                        mmm... that would'nt have worked as well. the thing has 200,000 miles on it and i didnt want to have to disconnect the sending unit in that cramped lil space and risk destroying fuel lines and have to run new ones. the bed was easy as pie n e ways. 12 bolts and disconnect the electrical conections. grab 4 guys and lift. and then i could work right there and i didnt even have to siphon (which is good b/c i have no idea where i would've put the 15 gallons that was in the thing anyways)

Comment

ahhhh, i know the feeling.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            4 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X