well she just turned 250k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well she just turned 250k

well she now has 250k on her and i want to get 300k at least b4 i put a new motor in. I have noticed that when i am in traffic she likes to get hot.she has never overheated but i don't know how much more the gasket can take. I want to no how can i make it so the fan is always running? i don't want a switch i want it to always run as soon as i start the car just to be safe. now if this can be done will it cause to much stress on anything? or is there somthing else i should do?
    thanks

Re: well she just turned 250k

coolant flush, 180 (or 160) thermostat...maybe a new water pump if necessary
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Well, if you want the fan to always run without using a switch, then disconnect the temperature sensor that's right next to the thermostat. Make sure you have the battery disconnected when you do this. I'm not sure if that will stop it from overheating though. My car's overheating as well. It keeps getting air stuck in the system. I probably got a leak. It could be a blown head gasket, which is going to suck if it is, but oh well. I should have it running good soon.

EDIT: Oh, another thing. That sensor actually was bad on my car and before I replaced it, the car had hesitation when I gave it gas because the computer controls certain things based off engine temperature. I'm not sure if disconnecting the sensor would cause this though. Might want to just test it out first.
      Last edited by lambo101; 06-24-2007, 10:07 PM.
      1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

you could always put on a cold air intake to get a little more air to the engine, along with a lower thermostat and coolant flush should help out
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

well i have a cia. did a flush. 180 thrmo. havnt replaced the water pump tho. i was jw about the fan always being on cuz i noticed as soon as it starts to get hot the fan kicks on and everything is good so i thot if the fan was always on it would help keep everything much cooler

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X