Have to put my car back together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to put my car back together

Ok, so my ex-wife has finally agreed to let me get my car parts and things from my old house. Let's hope she keeps her end of the bargain....but anyways, I'm tired of staring at my car and lifting the hood to see half of it missing.

It's time to rebuild. I need some encouragement and reason behind doing this, because I'm just weird like that. I feel that I will be wasting my time putting it back together, because I will probably just end up selling it once it's running again because here lately my injured leg has been giving me more problems then usual and I am not sure if letting on and off the accelerator to change gears is going to really upset my leg or not (we will find out, hopefully).

Re: Have to put my car back together

sorry to hear about all that crap.

but good luck on the rebuild.

Comment

you NEED an f-body...
      Sounds like you need a little fun back in your life and a sports car is just the thing to give it to you ;) good luck on the build!
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I knew the rebuild would start off with a bang! And by "bang" I mean when I find the S.O.B. he's going to hear bang from my gun before he falls.

Apparently while my tools and parts set in my Pool Room at my old house, she let her brother and some of his friends use tools out of my Craftsman rolling toolchest. Well, I go into my pull room and it should be the first thing I see, bright red and standing out from the rest of the room. Well hell no, I don't see a glimpse of it, the entire toolchest is gone. With thousands of dollars of tools that were in it all gone.

I asked her who took it, and she says she has no idea. She said she knows they didn't take it whenever she let her brother and friends use the tools because she knows my tools are part of my life so she made them write down what they used and made them show her them putting the tool back in its spot and they left and the toolchest was still there that night. But now, it's not. I really do believe her because she never cries over me anymore and she grabbed me really tightly after I yelled at her for nearly half an hour about it and balled her eyes out asking me how much money would I need to replace it. So now it's a hunt through all my old friends that ditched me for her (bunch of horny , freeloading bums) after the divorce.

But anyways, now I have one small toolbox with some open end wrenches and 1 ratchet, a few adapters, and all the sockets I need to fit my car. I think... So it will be slower then I thought because I planned on getting a friend to help me put it back together, so I guess I need to go buy another set of the things we will need to be able to work together and have our own set so we don't have to wait for one person to finish with one thing so they can use it.

Life is just pissy right now. I mean anyone on this forum with lots of tools can understand how I feel if they can imagine loosing their tools that they have put years most likely into purchasing and keeping maintained in tip top shape.

So......I guess the scoreboard is
        Car +1
        Justin 0

Comment

Stock rebuild? what are your plans...
          1999 Camaro Z/28
          1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Yeah, it's just a stock rebuild at the moment. My settlement is in it's final stages, so I will be getting it sometime in the near future, and I promised myself that I would take an initial 10k to do some fun stuff to the bird right then and there and invest 3k and let it grow and just used it's interest each year for my bird.

But yeah, I'm just putting all the pieces back together this time, for a stock rebuild. But it's very soon to getting it's add-ons. But, I am not even thinking about that work at the moment, only getting it back together at this stage. Although, I believe I will go ahead and put get/put the headers on while I'm rebuilding it so I don't have to worry about doing it later on once it's all back together.

Comment

If there are any stock parts you may need, I have some lying around that I have no need for. Lemme know what you may need, I may just sell them to you dirt cheap to get them cleared out of my mom's garage.
              1995 Pontiac Firebird
              2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

dude everytime you post your life i feel like cr@p.... you want my camaro? you can have it
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Even if you never drive it, dude, do the car. It will take your mind off all this crap, and it will give you something to feel good about when it fires up. When all this hell in your life is over, you can point to the car and know something positive came out of it.

As for your tools. holy hell I would be pissed too bro.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

for christs sake justin, do you ever just have a normal day?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

Your posts are seriously depressing. Good luck finding your tools and with the rebuild when it gets going.

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                        dude everytime you post your life i feel like cr@p....
                        That would be incorrect, everytime he posts we should all feel better about our lives because he is proof that at least one person's life sucks worse then any of ours, well at least he's the only one that posts about it. Seriously though good luck with the build and get a shrink they can do wonders, more so than posting on a web forum.
                        Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I do have a shrink, well a therapist. Due to my leg and all, they think i have post traumatic stress, which I do, but I try to believe I don't. But we talk about everything that goes on in my life.

And yes, I used to have a normal happy life. First, before my accident I loved life and everything always went my way. I could have a dollar in my pocket and bills could be due, but I knew everything would be ok. And then after my accident I got married and had a beautiful daughter and life was great. It's the greatest feeling waking up every morning next to your wife and then getting out of bed to go play with your daughter all day. But then, that all got taken away and it has seriously put a dampen on my life that I don't know how to get out of. I can get over my wife, but only being able to see my daughter every other weekend kills me, because she loves me to death and I love her the same.

I'm going to rebuild this Firebird if it's the last thing I do. And yes when I do work on the car I love it because it makes me forget about everythign else surrounding my life.

And speaking of parts....you wouldn't happen to have a clutch would you?

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
                            and get a shrink they can do wonders, more so than posting on a web forum.
                            I beg to differ actually. A therapist only tells you what will make it better by them reading it in a book, you guys and girls have been through experiences that were tough to get by, so you can somewhat relate. I would take all of your advise any day over my therapists.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquish
                              I beg to differ actually. A therapist only tells you what will make it better by them reading it in a book, you guys and girls have been through experiences that were tough to get by, so you can somewhat relate. I would take all of your advise any day over my therapists.
                              Maybe if I were sitting in a bar with a laptop drinking but then what kind of loser would one have to be to sit ain a bar with a laptop. I only take therapy from friends or relatives when there is alcohol because most of it you need to swim through the BS to get to anything of importance.
                              Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X