Zeee or Zed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeee or Zed?

okay I had this conversation with a friend of mine from Boston and he was quite surprised when i said 'zed 28' when talking about a Z28 Camaro the other day. He said the only time he's heard anyone say zed instead of zee before was by other Canadians. Just wondering if this is true...do all Americans say Zee or do some of you say Zed...as in Zed 28? Zee 28 just doesn't sound right to me.

Re: Zeee or Zed?

its pronounce Zee only in america. I've never heard another american say "zed" to me. Everywhere else except america says "zed." "Zee" is old english which in america never updated and still today we pronouce it the same as always. were as over in europe their language "evolved" a little to say "zed"

I usally say Zee, but if I watch to much clarkson at one time I catch myself saying Zed 06 somtimes.

Comment

I say Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee28
      -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

who says zed? ive never heard that before in my life
        2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Yeah, I heard all the Germans call them Zeds when I was over there.

Rob
          \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

All my friends in canada say Zed, I too say it sometimes....My mothers from canada and she too says it.....so I'll just go ahead and say stig explained it pretty good.....

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
            05' CTS-V
            00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
              Zee 28 just doesn't sound right to me.
              Ummm... :slap: Repeat after me: "Z" 28. :wavey:
              2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
              1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
              2011 Cadillac CTS-V
              2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
              2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
                Ummm... :slap: Repeat after me: "Z" 28. :wavey:
                Thank you. If it was "Zed", then it wouldn't be a Z-28, it would be a Zd-28 or Zed-28.
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Well I was raised via British Education System and from 5years to 16 years of age every time I saw Z I had to say Zed. That's how we were taught in school. Yup, so Zed 28, Zed 06 makes perfect sense to me. Now if you say Z28, that's weird for me :p . Oh btw, I speaking for Mark (fireball27) too.

:)
                  Last edited by kala; 06-24-2007, 09:39 PM.
                  09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                  sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

always called it Zee... saying zed-28 or zed-06 just sounds so... odd. as far as i'm concerned, this is my logic:
                    1. saying zee' twenty-eight and zee-oh-six out loud... it just seems to roll off the tounge easier. seems to flow together a bit better. that "ed" just seems to kinda break things up.
                    2. as far as I'm concerned, when dealing with american cars, i'm going to use the zee pronounciation. if i run into a Mini with the letter Z in the name I'll call it a zed. I dont pronounce the french car company Renault as Ren-alt... i pronounce it as Rey-nou.
                    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by RadRacer
                      Thank you. If it was "Zed", then it wouldn't be a Z-28, it would be a Zd-28 or Zed-28.
                      but to me it is a zed 28...when i think about that car I think Zed not Zee. It just doesn't feel right when i think Zee 28. Zed 28 rolls off the tongue better too.

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom
                        I dont pronounce the french car company Renault as Ren-alt... i pronounce it as Rey-nou.
                        I see your logic and maybe you got the Renault pronounciation, but if you're going by that logic then you guys will have stop saying the many other French words that Americans tend to butcher. For example, Americans pronounce Beaumont, California like bo-mont...whereas is should be more like bo-moe (in french the t is silent and the n is only very slightly hinted). I could go on and on with similar words.

Comment

zee28 definitely rolls off the tongue better for me. Maybe it's because i was raised around saying "zee." You almost have to add another syllable to say zed28
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
                            I could go on and on with similar words.
                            please do, i'm interested now..
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Yeahhhhhhh but the rpo code is just "Z"

There is no imaginary "ed"

Learn english ya morons. :-p
                              1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X