drove a BMW Z4 last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drove a BMW Z4 last night

My uncle just bought a 2005 Z4 and let me drive it last night. I was thoroughly unimpressed by its performance...I put my foot to the floor and was quite underwhelmed. I mean its pretty quick, but I wouldn't take it to the track. Also, I felt like in auto mode its shifts weren't where they should be. Other than that the car handles great, has a pretty sweet exhaust note, and the dual tranny that allows u to shift manually works great. Looks pretty nice too!

Re: drove a BMW Z4 last night

Faster than our cars? Humm... I always thought they atleast looked cool.
    Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

those are the ugliest thing bmw has ever produced imo. automanuals are pretty fun tho, my dad's got one in his LS and it makes the crappy auto tranny more bearable.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by Stock98camaro
        Faster than our cars? Humm... I always thought they atleast looked cool.
        its definitly faster than my 3.4L...that's obvious. However, I would say its has less torque and I think my 3.4 auto might be quicker off the line to like 100 meters. If we're talking the 3.8L than I'm pretty sure a V6 Fbody could take it. But he only has the 2.5 litre and not the 3.0 inline 6 which has an additional 40 hp.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          those are the ugliest thing bmw has ever produced imo. automanuals are pretty fun tho, my dad's got one in his LS and it makes the crappy auto tranny more bearable.
          yeah i'm not crazy about the looks of it either...some of the lines are a little bit too much for my taste. Although the convertible roof that lifts off electronically in less than 10 seconds is sweet. It also turns a few heads.
          Last edited by Mike88; 06-24-2007, 06:38 PM.

Comment

My buddy invited me to BMW test drive two weeks ago. We got to test drive the X5 vs the mercedes, lexus, and volvo. I can say i was impressed by the handling of the x5 around the autocross course compared to the others. After the demo, we signed up and took the z4 out for a little 8 mile ride. I agree with you. I was very unimpressed by the z4. It seemed to handle well, but I think my 96Rs handles much better although the z4 rides better. I wasn't impressed with the power either. its a nice car, but i wouldn't buy one.
            69 Camaro 350 4spd, Full Hotchkis susp, Baer brakes, moser 12 bolt, Flowmaster<br /><br />96 RS Hotchkis STB, subframe connectors, Hotchkis LCA and adj Panhard rod, SS camaro sway bars, Bilstein shocks, powerslot rotors, Borla exhaust, rksport headers, k@nFIPK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X