Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one remember me

Hello there,

I have been out of the firebird scene for a wile now (last post was in 2003). After the death of my firebird i went over to the FI dark side and built a 12 sec gtp. i now have a new project I am atempting to build on of the fastest 3800 powerd cars. the platform will be a 85 fiero. i have a block from a 98 gtp. i am in the prosses of mocking up the hot pipes for the turbo. ( a turbonetics ball bearing hibrid turbo 62-1 hot side with a t66 cold side intercooled. this motor is being built with st3 turbo cam 1.7 roller rockers, port/polish heads, forged pistons, custom headers, and all the goodies need for a hard core build. the trans is a 4t65e rebuilt with all hard parts 3.29 gears 3200 stall, forged output shaft,built input shaft, and all the other little goodies. all this is going into a car with a 2400 pound race wait. i hopeing to hit single digit times.

I have almost all the major mods purchesed. but there are a few odd's and ends needed. im still looking for a oil filter adapter from a l36 and oil pan.

wish me luck.

and pics of the turbo

99 firebird 3.8<br />ftra,custom made air box, pacesetter headers, 3500 pi vig verter 3.73lsd trans-go stage ii shift kit corvett servo flowmaster cat back dees tb spacer <p>_ ___soon___ _ <br />P&P heads 3 angle valve job and a nice cam to go with i

Re: any one remember me

psh, buy my Turbonetics t-70 and my sage 4 cam

Comment

Nice project. There's something about big power and lightweight that puts a smile on my face. That is going to be a fun ride.
      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

looks like fun!

(explain your name please? i have a guess, but i just want to make sure!)
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold
        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

hay thanks for the comments. The name is preaty much what you think. i started the name when i was 16 on aol. at the time i regestered in i still had the aol username. my name on clubgp is chris_gtp. udlose98 i think i have your stage 3 cam. lol. i have done alot of checking into diffrent turbos and i think this is going to be a fast spooler and still push 600hp
          99 firebird 3.8<br />ftra,custom made air box, pacesetter headers, 3500 pi vig verter 3.73lsd trans-go stage ii shift kit corvett servo flowmaster cat back dees tb spacer <p>_ ___soon___ _ <br />P&P heads 3 angle valve job and a nice cam to go with i

Comment

Awesome project. Wish I had the means to do something simular.:tup:

Comment

diet mountain dew code red? thats a travesty! I think I just threw up in my mouth a little....

nice project, local guy is ding one for autocross. he has a gutted fiero.

Comment

hay now dont attack my soda. im not a fan of diet soda but diet code red, diet vault, and diet sunkist orange is good.

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
                  looks like fun!

(explain your name please? i have a guess, but i just want to make sure!)
                  Ribbed for her too?

That's going to be a fast car! Single digits are well within the reach of the build.

How much boost do you plan on running?

Comment

Originally posted by ribbed4hr2
                    hay thanks for the comments. The name is preaty much what you think. i started the name when i was 16 on aol. at the time i regestered in i still had the aol username. my name on clubgp is chris_gtp. udlose98 i think i have your stage 3 cam. lol. i have done alot of checking into diffrent turbos and i think this is going to be a fast spooler and still push 600hp
                    lol, you probably do have my old cam, trust me, it was well taken care of.

Comment

Hey great project, I myself want to do a L67 Swamp into a fiero as well (after i finsh the t/a). Iam gong to use a 88 though cause they got the LOTUS deprived suspension.

Keep us updated :)
                      1999 Pontiac Trans Am M6 Far from stock.....
                      Pics http://rides.webshots.com/album/5599...Dk?vhost=rides

Comment

Re: any one remember me (turbo fiero)

boost is up in the air? i am going to tune and up the boost as i go. with this turbo im guessing as high as the heads will take but im guessing in the high teens low twenty's. They way things are looking this will be a well flowing motor. "psi" is a misleading number

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          4 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X