Thinking about losing the camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking about losing the camaro

I have an '04 Cavalier; Based on how many visits to the dealer I've had, I will NEVER, NEVER buy another.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Well, realized that in the OP I put >6K for my budget, but luckly it seems that my error was overlooked. Yeah, I have LESS than 6K. Silly me :p

Well, figuring I'm lucky if I get much more than 20mpg on my current Camaro, I guess "more fuel efficient" would cover a lot of cars... I guess I'd like to get 22-25 city, and around 30 on the highway.

BMWs are nice, but doubt I'd be able to afford a decent one along with repairs.

If I wern't in college, I would probably go for a newer car and do payments. While I'm working a lot this summer, when I go back to school I probably won't be able to afford it.

Thanks for the offer Kala, but NJ is a ways away from WA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hole in Head
        I guess I'd like to get 22-25 city, and around 30 on the highway.
        Get a 3.8 F-body with 3.42 gears and full bolt-ons

Comment

Welp, that Cavy was no good. Lotta trouble getting it into first. Seemed you had to put it into second, then to first, or else it'd just go into third. Oil was leaking, and after driving around the block you could smell burnt oil. Also someone put a wavy pinstripe with a key down the whole right side.

Well, gotta look at more stuff for now. I wish I had enough to get a 3.8 F-body with bolt ons, but don't think 6K will get me that.

Comment

Well, gotta look at more stuff for now. I wish I had enough to get a 3.8 F-body with bolt ons, but don't think 6K will get me that.
            I paid 7K for my '99 with 37K miles on it...so I'd imagine a 96 with about 80K should leave you with more than enough to buy bolt-on's after the purchase.

Comment

I'm sure you can get a camaro with a 3.8 for under 6k with decent miles.
              -Travis-<br /><br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro-stock<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/763509</a>

Comment

Well, haven't found any good ones. There's a 96 with 135K on it for $6K, and a white () 99 with unlisted miles for $5K. That's all I can see atm.

Might go check around a few dealerships around my area when I have time. Maybe look into something I can mostly buy, and just finance like $2-4K.

Or I can just keep my current Camaro. :)

Comment

Thanks for the offer Kala, but NJ is a ways away from WA.
                  Umm, you are only few hours away. My car currently getting 400 ish miles to the tank. For 6K not only you'll get the indash LCD + fully wired xm but i'll change the o2 sensors + plugs which will boost the MPG even more. I don't think you can buy a car more immaculate than mine. Check out my cardomain

:)
                  09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                  sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Might go check around a few dealerships around my area when I have time.
                    Stay away from dealerships...Look in the classified section of newspapers

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                      Umm, you are only few hours away. My car currently getting 400 ish miles to the tank. For 6K not only you'll get the indash LCD + fully wired xm but i'll change the o2 sensors + plugs which will boost the MPG even more. I don't think you can buy a car more immaculate than mine. Check out my cardomain

That looks like an awesome car Kala. But only a few hours away? Is that by plane you mean? Here's what Google maps says:
                      http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,81.386719&z=4
                      Unless what you have listed as your location is not where your car actually is.

Or did you think I lived in Washington DC?

Anyhow, if you were a few hours away, I would very seriously consider getting that car, as it looks like a very sweet deal for 6K.

Comment

Re: or a BMW?

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
                        BMW repair bills FTL
                        QFT. that's why I sold my bimmer.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Or did you think I lived in Washington DC?
                          :poke: me because that's what i thought. Well, thanks for the compliment. I religiously take care of my cars. How about Dodge Neon? I know they are prone to engine failure but if you change your oil every 3k miles and check oil level, you should be fine. A board member here used to have one and it ran 15.4 constantly. It's a nice peppy little car.

09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                          sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                            How about Dodge Neon?

I do have my eye on those.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X