Recommend me some drum heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me some drum heads

I'm getting new heads for the set at my church and trying to decide what to get. I'm looking for the warmest, most focused, sound to try and not blow everyones ears off. i don't need much sound so quieter is better. I'm thinking of the EVANS Hydraulic heads for at least the toms but it looks like they don't have a hydraulic snare head. Looking for suggestions from those of you who have more experience with the different heads. Thanks!
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Recommend me some drum heads

I have evans heads on my drum set, and an aquarian bass head. Come to think of it, all my heads need replaced except for the bass... are the ones you have shot? Or are you keeping them for extras?

Anyways, the evans are kinda "punchy" I guess you could say, not really a warm sound. Don't remember what type they are other than clear heads, i got them so long ago.
    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Re: Recommend me some drum heads

I've got the Evans EC2 heads with the metal ring between the plys for my tama rockstar set with a genera G2 snare and it's perfect for that, and i've got some remo weatherking ambassadors on my other set along with a evans genera HD dry snare and EMAD bass. I love the EMAD for the bass and i'd recommend that one out.

It has the stock mapex heads on it from probably 15 years ago and some kid stabbed a hole in the 13" so i'm getting new ones.

i think i'm gonna go with hydraulic for the toms as i have a hydraulic on my rockstar's 16" and i love the sound, but I don't know what to pick for the snare. How does your snare sound?
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X