High Comp. Stroker vs. Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Comp. Stroker vs. Turbo

I would like to see some comparisons on a 3.8l -> 4.2l 10:1 stroker vs. a Turbo 3.8l

Im thinking I may go with the 10:1 High Performance 4.2l Stroker setup but i cant find any dyno charts of the power difference.

Re: High Comp. Stroker vs. Turbo

Originally posted by slpbirdy00
    I would like to see some comparisons on a 3.8l -> 4.2l 10:1 stroker vs. a Turbo 3.8l

Im thinking I may go with the 10:1 High Performance 4.2l Stroker setup but i cant find any dyno charts of the power difference.
    There's too many variables here. You can't find a 4.2L setup because nobody's done it yet, and if they have I wasn't aware. There are a few in progress. It's not like someone does a 4.2L conversion and has XXX amount of horsepower either. Things like cam selection, head selection, all supporting mods are going to be the deciding factor.

There is quite a few 3.8L turbo's around, not sure if many are on this site but there is a ton on information out there. You might be able to find someone selling a FFF kit, but other than that you're on your own and it will be an expensive, custom job. You're going to need to do a lot of research either way, unless you are just dropping your car off at a performance shop and letting them handle it.

You should be asking yourself what is your specific application, what are your goals. How much power do you want to make?
    2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

Re: High Comp. Stroker vs. Turbo

To spin his question a bit...which setup would be 'more reliable' and consist of less consistant maintaince?
      1999 Camaro Z/28
      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X