• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quads

A little bit crazy... but looks effective lol
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=250128542704

Re: Quads

looks incomplete to me and he does not mention the parts. he still needs the intake pipes for the intercooler and to the throttle body.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
      looks incomplete to me and he does not mention the parts. he still needs the intake pipes for the intercooler and to the throttle body.
      Probably didnt make that part of it. lol.

To me that seems a little stupid to go with 4 turbos. money wise it would be better just to go for 2 bigger turbos.

Comment

in theory, could you not run 6 turbos on our cars?

Comment

Well...this guy is running 8....this car is always on show at GM Nationals in Carlisle, PA....you can't really tell..but there are four more mounted behind and under the first four...

Comment

^^^:omg::drool:

---

looks like the perfect sleeper car from those pics
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

yeah.. i dont know how much i trust that auction in general. its not complete, i doubt it ran (why use pictures of unfinished parts if you finished it), and its a sale from outside the U.S. (ok ok, its a U.S. territory, but still)

oh, and that car with the 8 turbos... one of the major car mags did a review on it about 2 years ago. I think Hot Rod, but I'm not certain. Anyways, the thing makes around 700 hp. Not bad, but it could have been a lot better. Owner basically said it was more for show than anything. Still amazing craftsmanship.
              Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

well... the more turbos, the smaller you gotta go. Going from one turbo to two means you go from 6 exhaust "putts" to only 3 per turbo, and thus it'll take longer to spool up.

In theory, you could do ALOT of crazy stuff with cars, but some of the ideas are just not really practical. using 3 turbos would make more sense to tell the truth... with 3, you could put one turbo to 2 cylinders... with 4, it doesnt divide evenly and you'd really just be wasting money...

the only reason i could think of to do multiple turbos would be packaging quite honestly...
                2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

You would be better off with one turbo if you are trying to make big power. More isn't always better.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X