going intosenior year and im not sure what i want to be - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going intosenior year and im not sure what i want to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: going intosenior year and im not sure what i want to be

Come on now.. lets face it. We all know what you're gonna be once you get out of highschool: Really, really, really, reaaallly, mind numbingly, blisteringly, bladdered. :tup:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Become a Doctor and drive maserati. If i was given a chance to go back to high school and do my career all over again, I would be a Radiologist. It's approximately 13 years but they make 300,000 + . Heck, I would even settle for a Doctor degree (8 years). But yeah, health care field is ALWAYS in demand. All those baby boomers will get old someday. If you want job security, easy work load and make good money = health care

:)
      09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

fu(k 30-60k.

i just looked through government jobs, they are offering 150k for people fluent in arabic to translate for military personnel.

im personally a political science major with a focus in international relations. do something that not everyone does, and you will make significantly more than everyone else. be creative!
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold
        2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

trust me. go to college, ur better off in the long run

and as for cars, unless u are doing fab work, keep it a hobby, ull get sick of doing oil changes, brakes and exhaust all day everyday

o ya and dealing with whiny customers who say u charge too much

Comment

If you are great at math and science, consider somethign in the engineering field. thats what i did. college involved more studying that almost all of my friends and usually a few all nighters a week, but in the end, you come out with a degree that makes you good money and can get you almost any kind of job.

and dont worry man, you have plenty of time to figure out your life. hell, a lot of my friends are mid 20's, and dont quite know wht they'll do for the rest of their life. but they make good money... and i konw lots of adults who went back to school after 30 to get a degree and a better job... so you have plenty of time yet. best thing to do is figure out what you truly like doing and see if you can find a job doing something similar.
            Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

You know what just enjoy yourself and have fun, the rest will come in time. I'm 27 and I've bounced around at least 20 diff ideas and tried a lot of them and found it wasn't for me. I don't have a degree just a few classes, enough to know that really wasn't what I wanted. I'm now starting at a culinary academy next month and that's something I've wanted to do since I was about 12 or 13, just had to many roadblocks to go straight to that, so I feel that is my best choice yet. Yeah I know what 12 year says I want to be a chef when I grow up but it's all about doing what you love. The last thing you want to do is live to work, it's always work to live, a job should be something you can look forward to going to most days so keep that in mind when your thinking about it as well. Don't stress about it, there will be plenty of that later on to drag you down. GL
              Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

As others have said, whatever you do go to college!!!! It's worth mentioning many times. It may seem like a long road ahead but it definitely pays off to have that bachelor's degree down the road. Hell, I got mine and now I'm going back to college for even further education.
                1996 Arctic White Camaro RS with optional Y87 V6 Performance Package<br />2002 Sebring Silver Camaro SS with optional 345 HP Package

Comment

go for a stockbroker
                  1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                  1994 Camaro - Sold
                  1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

just to echo a bunch of great points.

you are young. don't worry that you don't know what you want to do, but start thinking about what type of school to go to. Definitely GO TO COLLEGE. I've been in college for the last 15 years and counting. I make great money, and I love what I do. Do not make auto mechanics your field unless you want to get into racing, teaching or something better.

I do think you should start looking at general fields so you know which colleges to apply to. What are your aptitudes? Do you like taking things apart/fixing them? Like math? etc. etc. If you have engineering in your blood, you won't like being an accountant. If you love numbers, you won't like being a consultant. So look at you aptitudes and abilities and start considering fields that will fit.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate
                      fu(k 30-60k.

i just looked through government jobs, they are offering 150k for people fluent in arabic to translate for military personnel.

im personally a political science major with a focus in international relations. do something that not everyone does, and you will make significantly more than everyone else. be creative!
                      30k-60k is decent money for someone who doesn't want to go to college. And you know why they pay so much for that job? Because you will find yourself walking around in a war zone. That's never happened with a computer geek.

I would certainly agree with what everyone else is saying. Go to college. It doesn't even matter what degree you get. The degree itself makes you more marketable. But take some time to think about what you want to do for the rest of your life and it'll come to you. Don't get into any hurry.
                      2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Become a fireman.

Seriously, though... I didn't discover my career calling until I was 30. Now, I find it hard to believe that what I do is actually my job.

When you find something that you really have a passion and a natural aptitude for (and make a ton of money doing), it couldn't be any more rewarding.
                        Last edited by Bonemaro; 06-08-2007, 10:19 AM.

Lounge Moderator

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X