going intosenior year and im not sure what i want to be - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going intosenior year and im not sure what i want to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going intosenior year and im not sure what i want to be

Well today was the last day of my jr. I have been thinking for a while and i don't really know what i want to do when i get out of high school. At first i wanted to work on car but latly I don't know if i want to do that. Something always seems to go wrong on almost every car that i work on. Somtimes it's others fault that are helping me and somtimes it is my fault. Does this kind of stuff happen to every one or is it just me. i dont think i can work on cars for the rest or my life and always have somthing go wrong the car.

Re: going intosenior year and im not sure what i want to be

IMO, most seniors don't have a sure clue about what they are going to do. I went into college not knowing what I wanted to do until my second sophomore semester. As far as something going wrong w/cars you work on, do you know what you did wrong? Because if you do, then you should learn from that and you won't do it again. Most people aren't born great mechanics, I've learned from other people as well as from doing work on my car. Keep learning and I'm sure you'll get better at it.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman</a>

Comment

dont worry...

I'm a soph (well...technically still a freshman) in college...I can honestly say I have no solid career choice yet...
      1999 Camaro Z/28
      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

just take everything slow with cars, dont go in over your head with working on cars unless you really know what you are doing. and as far as knowing what you want to do, dont worry about it, it will all click eventually

Comment

i went to college for 5 years and got my degree in marketing. i took a marketing job and hated it so now i am trying to be a firefighter. i just finished emt school and i have my agility test on sat to get into the fire academy.

just go to college and figure it out there. thats what most people end up doing. the ones who know what they want to do, end up changing their major and start working in a completely different field than originally planned.
          94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

Yup. I just graduated HS and im going into college.

Still not even a clue what I want to do with my life....i'm still searching for that job thats pays a lot and doesnt require any work. Its elusive let me tell ya.
            1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

you dont have to know what you want to do for a few years... just do something that keeps your options open.
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold
              2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

Be a computer consultant. I make good money, sit on my butt all day, take two hour lunches, and can get vacation time any time I want.

Honestly, if you are going to go to college, consider a business degree. It doesn't matter what business you go into, the degree will come in handy.
                2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon
                  Be a computer consultant. I make good money, sit on my butt all day, take two hour lunches, and can get vacation time any time I want.

Honestly, if you are going to go to college, consider a business degree. It doesn't matter what business you go into, the degree will come in handy.
                  what do you do

Comment

I'm a computer consultant. I run a small computer firm in Nashville, TN. It's actually a lot of work but it works out well in the end.

Comment

I'm a computer consultant. I run a small computer firm in Nashville, TN. It's actually a lot of work but it works out well in the end.
                      do you mind me asking how much make a year. i built my first computer at 14 i am very good with them

Comment

Once you get in to school take advantage of co-op programs early don't put em off like most of us do. I started out as a chemical engineer at first within the first co-op term i learned i really hated everything to do with my field.... If you like people check out buisness/finance degrees i've been working with a CFP for 3 years and i love the field all you do is talk to people and sell them annutites, my boss rolls in six figures and probably comes close to seven if you count his equity. With social security begining to fail theres alot of jobs for financial consultants. Its alot of work in the beginning but my boss comes into work whenever he wants unless he has appointments and has 3 kids no sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4
                          do you mind me asking how much make a year. i built my first computer at 14 i am very good with them
                          I'd rather not say because it wouldn't be fair to compare what I make with a normal computer tech because I'm also a president of the company. If you are really good with computers you could easily make $30k-$60k a year though. That's the range at which we start our techs depending on how much they know when they begin. We also give them full benefits, 401k and 1 week vacation a year. It's not too complicated and if you are easily bored you'd enjoy it. It's always something different and there's always something to learn.

Comment

I'd rather not say because it wouldn't be fair to compare what I make with a normal computer tech because I'm also a president of the company. If you are really good with computers you could easily make $30k-$60k a year though. That's the range at which we start our techs depending on how much they know when they begin. We also give them full benefits, 401k and 1 week vacation a year. It's not too complicated and if you are easily bored you'd enjoy it. It's always something different and there's always something to learn.
                            sounds good i will have to look into that thanks

Comment

If you are seriously considering it I would recommend picking up a few books. You should look into getting A+ certified and a book would be a good start on that path. Then get your MCP from Microsoft. It's a fun job. I took the afternoon off to work on my car today. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X