Cops tryin to get me for 'ridin dirty' - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops tryin to get me for 'ridin dirty'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops tryin to get me for 'ridin dirty'

So i got pulled over 2 days ago... lol. well first off my background is ive had 1 speeding ticket for going 50 in a 30 about 3-4 months ago, and thats my only time being pulled over... and now twice, but not for speeding...

i was coming home from work and i take a highway home for about 12-15 miles nonstop, speed limit is 55, but traffic is a constant 65. i was going about 80-85 when i noticed a state trooper down in the median, so i slowed down to speed limit and passed him, 5 miles later, he is on my *** with his lights, so i pull over confused cuz i know there is know way he coulda clocked me speeding. he comes to my window and asks me.... "sir, is there a reason ur music is so loud!?" :omg: :omg: :omg: i was so confused, im like... uhhh i dont think it was, i have a blown speaker and only a one 12 inch sub right now. he got my license and checked my stuff and it was clean, he came back and told me its a 180 dollar ticket, and the law here is my music can only be heard 20 feet away legally. he said he heard my music clearly when he was in his car with windows up. he told me to turn it down and told me to have a good day lol, so im thankfull i guess..

i was suprised tho, i didnt think my system could really get me into trouble haha

Re: Cops tryin to get me for 'ridin dirty'

the law in texas is if you casn hear the bass from 50ft its a 180$ ticket, (thats why i had a bass knob installed :) )

Comment

i dont understand how he could have heard you.. you were going 55 right? i guess he just heard the bass..

Comment

Were you in the far left lane when you passed him? Cuz you could always argue that you were within 20 feet of him for the fleeting amount of time that he heard your music ;)

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
        R.I.P. '07 Pats
        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
          Were you in the far left lane when you passed him? Cuz you could always argue that you were within 20 feet of him for the fleeting amount of time that he heard your music ;)
          ^That is what I was thinking as well.

I think that is BS. You weren't in a residential area, so what should it matter? I always turn the bass down in the city, and crank it on the highway to avoid being a bother. Nothing is more annoying then some jackass with his system on outside my house @ 1am.:twak:

Comment

Originally posted by Scott90
            i was suprised tho, i didnt think my system could really get me into trouble haha
            you weren't pulled over for noise, he didn't hear your system. You were pulled over because you were speeding and as soon as you came into his view or possibly shortly thereafter you slowed quickly. He likely noticed this and decided to come see why you would slow down so fast. Since he proably didn't get a good read on your speed he just used some other reason to pull you over. Once he saw no evidence of anything overly suspicious he let you go with a "warning" about your stereo being too loud.

He was being nice. That was also a warning to slow your azz down. Sometimes the troopers in Louisiana would just flip their lights on and off as a sign to slow down.
            -Brad
            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
            :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by black98V6
              Sometimes the troopers in Louisiana would just flip their lights on and off as a sign to slow down.
              This happened to me once. I was traveling down a parkway in upstate NY late one night. Pitch black out, no other cars on the road. The trooper was in the woods, and he threw his lights on for a second. Scared the bejesus out of me! Good way to cause a wreck. Better than being pulled over though. :p

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

black98v6, there was no way at all he could have even seen me speeding... like i know what ur talking, u think i was flying and then saw him and just slammed on brakes. no, i was 55 welllll before he could radaar me.

and i was in far right lane.. lol, so i guess he did hear something, but i didnt wanna be a smartass since he was nice, i was so close to saying "sir, did you hear my music?or my bass? bcuz im pretty sure my music cannot be heard" haha but i didint wanna ruin his good attitude he had about it

Comment

Originally posted by black98V6
                  you weren't pulled over for noise, he didn't hear your system. You were pulled over because you were speeding and as soon as you came into his view or possibly shortly thereafter you slowed quickly. He likely noticed this and decided to come see why you would slow down so fast. Since he proably didn't get a good read on your speed he just used some other reason to pull you over. Once he saw no evidence of anything overly suspicious he let you go with a "warning" about your stereo being too loud.

He was being nice. That was also a warning to slow your azz down. Sometimes the troopers in Louisiana would just flip their lights on and off as a sign to slow down.
                  Doubtful.. its very difficult.. VERY difficult to determine the speed of a car as it heads towards you until it passes by (without radar of course). Although i could believe that maybe he had a hunch that the "kid" was up to no good or something and used the music as an excuse to pull him over just to check the car for drugs or w/e

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                  R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

just to play devil's advocate tho. if a person is doing 80-85 in a place where most the traffic is doing 65, it may be a bit more obvious

Comment

Originally posted by blackRS
                      just to play devil's advocate tho. if a person is doing 80-85 in a place where most the traffic is doing 65, it may be a bit more obvious
                      Oh sure, but if he was doing 80 in the right lane then i doubt there was much traffic around..

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

touche...lets hope so at least

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                          Oh sure, but if he was doing 80 in the right lane then i doubt there was much traffic around..
                          you've been in cali too long, Bro. I spend most of time in the right lane because everyone and their grandmother are in the left two lanes. Many times driving out of NYC, I used to hang out in the granny lane doing 70 while everyone else was packed into the other lanes doing 50. Amazing. I would go miles by myself in my very own lane!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

oh that sounds sooo nice. In Minnesota there is so much F***ing construction all the time that its hard to find a clear lane for more than a half a mile. Traffic is just outrageous

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedingFirebird
                              you've been in cali too long, Bro. I spend most of time in the right lane because everyone and their grandmother are in the left two lanes. Many times driving out of NYC, I used to hang out in the granny lane doing 70 while everyone else was packed into the other lanes doing 50. Amazing. I would go miles by myself in my very own lane!
                              Wow you could never do that here.. the right lane is always clogged with chinese people driving at 45mph.. you'd get killed. And at least you have a lane to go 70 in tho right?

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X