Not as fast as Dans' but I like it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not as fast as Dans' but I like it

I went and picked out a 2002 red SS with T-tops, 6speed and SLP performance package. It had 22XXX miles on it and they want 23k and we agreed on 20k plus taxes. Well they ended up being ****s and told me they couldn't let me take the car until my bank had fully transferred the money into there account. At first they said I could take it home that day if I went with there financing. Then after a bunch of B.S. I talked with my bank and they said do that and they would refinance the car for me cause they wanted 20% interest or something and my bank was giving me 6.74%. Then they said I would still have to wait. They knew I had to leave that town Saturday night and were just wasting my time I think. I went to another dealer that I had spoke to and told them what the Chevy dealership did and they told me to come down to the Ford store and they would do me right. In 2 hours I had this 2001 GT Convertible for $12,900 with my bank and low interest. It has 68,XXXmiles but it looks brand new. Its a 5 speed so its not real sluggish like the auto that I drove about a month ago. I know I went to the dark side but I still have the bird.;)

I found a 2002 red Trans AM with everything I wanted except for it was an auto so I didn't even drive it. It had 26XXX miles and they wanted $19,900 for it. In the paper I found 2001 Trans Am just how I wanted it with 19,XXX miles buy it was a private seller along with a 2004 GTO 6 speed. They both wanted 19k but I knew they would want cash to clear first which I understand but a dealer would see me sign the paper work and know its all liget. O well I've been wanting T-tops or a convertible for a little while now and now I have it.
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Re: Not as fast as Dans' but I like it

looks good. nice and clean!
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Looks clean......GT's arn't pure evil ;)

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Just another mustang
        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

VERY nice! Congratulations. I love convertibles! You're going to have a lot of fun with it! :)
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
            Just another mustang
            I just backed you up in your thread, come on man, cut me some slack.

TEAM BLACK!!!
            parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by Shirl
              VERY nice! Congratulations. I love convertibles! You're going to have a lot of fun with it! :)
              I love it so far.

TEAM BLACK!!!
              parting her out

Comment

Welcome to the dark side of topless cars :D

The best part will be that you'll be able to hear that sweet exhaust note all the better :)

One more thing: 23K for a 02 SS ????? RIP OFF :twak: I've seen GTOs for less...

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                R.I.P. '07 Pats
                Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Another silver car, sweet!!! You got the perfect combination going. Silver exterior with black leather interior and gunmetal torque-thrusts, two :tup: :tup:. I think you made a good choice not spending 22k on a old ss where you can have more fun with this car with half the money. Did I mention chicks love convertible? Good luck keeping the chicks away from your car.

Edit: Ignore my last two sentences. I just remembered your recent thread about getting engaged.

:)
                  Last edited by kala; 06-03-2007, 04:10 PM.
                  09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                  sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
                    I just backed you up in your thread, come on man, cut me some slack.

true, but in all honestly, don't lie to yourself man. You know it is just another mustang :p
                    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
                      I went and picked out a 2002 red SS with T-tops, 6speed and SLP performance package. It had 22XXX miles on it and they want 23k and we agreed on 20k plus taxes. Well they ended up being ****s and told me they couldn't let me take the car until my bank had fully transferred the money into there account. At first they said I could take it home that day if I went with there financing. Then after a bunch of B.S. I talked with my bank and they said do that and they would refinance the car for me cause they wanted 20% interest or something and my bank was giving me 6.74%. Then they said I would still have to wait. They knew I had to leave that town Saturday night and were just wasting my time I think. I went to another dealer that I had spoke to and told them what the Chevy dealership did and they told me to come down to the Ford store and they would do me right. In 2 hours I had this 2001 GT Convertible for $12,900 with my bank and low interest. It has 68,XXXmiles but it looks brand new. Its a 5 speed so its not real sluggish like the auto that I drove about a month ago. I know I went to the dark side but I still have the bird.

I found a 2002 red Trans AM with everything I wanted except for it was an auto so I didn't even drive it. It had 26XXX miles and they wanted $19,900 for it. In the paper I found 2001 Trans Am just how I wanted it with 19,XXX miles buy it was a private seller along with a 2004 GTO 6 speed. They both wanted 19k but I knew they would want cash to clear first which I understand but a dealer would see me sign the paper work and know its all liget. O well I've been wanting T-tops or a convertible for a little while now and now I have it.
                      My condolences on your misfortune. :(

jk
                      2001 Black Z28 M6<br />Sprayed, slotted, geared and more~

Comment

The biggest problem with Mustang is that it's too popular. You see one every 15 seconds. I like to drive cars that are rare or out of production.

sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Besides mustangs being slow and way too popular, I do like them. They aren't half bad looking and sound amazing, so congratulations! i'm sure you'll have fun....too bad it's not black.. :(
                          sigpic
                          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Another silver car, sweet!!! You got the perfect combination going. Silver exterior with black leather interior and gunmetal torque-thrusts, two :tup: :tup:. I think you made a good choice not spending 22k on a old ss where you can have more fun with this car with half the money.

I take offense to the statement about the Torq Thrusts. Those are not Torq-Thrusts. My car does not have "mustang wheels" on it.

I would have rather had the SS simply b/c of its collectability. Its a practically brand new car. Plus it would have ran circles around that GT all day. And of course like everyone else has already said, i'm pretty sure i've seen that same car about 5 times today already.
                            1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Greg94Red392
                              I take offense to the statement about the Torq Thrusts. Those are not Torq-Thrusts. My car does not have "mustang wheels" on it.

I would have rather had the SS simply b/c of its collectability. Its a practically brand new car. Plus it would have ran circles around that GT all day. And of course like everyone else has already said, i'm pretty sure i've seen that same car about 5 times today already.
                              Does it really worth dumping 23k on a car that's 5 years old? I see collectability point of view and driving a rarer car. Since he just got engaged, there are many things he can do with the extra 10K that he saved. I don't see life 1/4 mile at a time........

btw, i didn't know the info about the wheels. I thought it was torq-thrust.

Last edited by kala; 06-03-2007, 05:03 PM.
                              sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X