• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so i re-did my rims

i wouldve just kept the alloy snowflakes but i repsect u for tryin

Comment

Originally posted by loser
      you didnt see them upclose. the last time they looked like crap.

thanks for the comments everyone.
      guess i didn't. I just liked the way they were painted with the smaller lip that doesn't go into the wheel. just imo, still looks good!
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Very nice!!
        I like it.
        Can you give us an instruction on the paint and how many coating you did. What can I use to brighten up the polish part of my Fiero wheels.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor
          Very nice!!
          I like it.
          Can you give us an instruction on the paint and how many coating you did. What can I use to brighten up the polish part of my Fiero wheels.

sorry to bring this thread back from the bottom but i want to answer this.

as far as instructions go, i didnt do anything special. light coats, sand alot, dont touch with bare hands ( oils on your hands will do wonders )

i actually didnt polish the lip this time, i just used a shiney silver.

but as for polishing, it depends on the curret state of the wheels, mothers alum. polish works great, but id wet sand up to 2,000 grit first. you can go get some 1,000 grit and use that, then move right up to 1500 grit and try the polish and see. it really depends on the condition of the wheels, but 1500-2000 grit sandpaper and some soapy water will be your best friends.

unless you clear coat them, the lip is going to need to be polished alot, all the time. they'll look good for a while, and still shine, but not like freshly polished ones would. i just got sick of it and decided to just paint the lip, they're still stock rims no matter what i do to them, so i didnt care too much.
          1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            2 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X