What kind of gas mileage do you get? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of gas mileage do you get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What kind of gas mileage do you get?

My tank is 3/4th full and already drove 150+ miles. Hmmm, does anyone bet that i can get 450 to the tank?

:)
    09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
    sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

96 Camaro RS....Flowmaster, Cat delete, CAI, Taylor wires, NGK plugs, Cleaned TB recently.

90% of the time im getting 20-21 MPG. mix between city and highway and i have a lead foot.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbrunsm
        I've never reached 500 mi on one tank (15.5 gal), but I'm tryin'.
        I would like to push my car to see if i can get 420+ but I don't want to put strain on the fuel pump. I heard the fuel pump stays cool by bathing in fuel. I usually keep 3 gallons in the tank when i fill up.

sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala
          ... I don't want to put strain on the fuel pump. I heard the fuel pump stays cool by bathing in fuel. I usually keep 3 gallons in the tank when i fill up.

Indeed. Just not worth it, and just running dry once can cause pump failure.

Comment

yeah im @ 110 miles and my gauge is hovering over "F" got to love that.
            best fuel mileage i got was around 400 on a tank..

Comment

1999, A4, let it shift around 3-4k usually. hardly any highway miles, my speed is usually around 60(the ideal speed for gas mileage). id say around 21-23 mpg. sometimes more, sometimes less.

Im at 275 miles, with 1/4 tank left.. that was with 15 gals put in. Id say it will go to about 350 before i need filling up. so im right on the mark.
              1999 v6 Camaro M5
              Automatic to Manual converted
              Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
              !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Originally posted by zerofailure
                yeah im @ 110 miles and my gauge is hovering over "F" got to love that.
                best fuel mileage i got was around 400 on a tank..
                that is just because of inaccurate guages... mine does the same...

I think I got 430ish once out of a tank

Comment

Originally posted by mestupryan
                  Im at 275 miles, with 1/4 tank left.. that was with 15 gals put in. Id say it will go to about 350 before i need filling up. so im right on the mark.
                  Our fuel gauge is somewhat f'ed up. That last 1/4 tank goes REAL fast for some reason.

sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Our fuel gauge is somewhat f'ed up. That last 1/4 tank goes REAL fast for some reason.

tanks are "V" shaped i belive.
                    1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

My tank is 3/4th full and already drove 150+ miles. Hmmm, does anyone bet that i can get 450 to the tank?

I bet you get 350-400 and once your guage hits half it really will drop. :)

Comment

I just managed 23 mpg city! that includes dogging it some too.:omg:
                        1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X