gas prices are out of freakin' control - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gas prices are out of freakin' control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas prices are out of freakin' control

this is just plain stupid. it cost me 45 bucks to fill up my tank.. my mom spent that a few years ago to fill up her goddamn van!
    this needs to end... people need to stop speculating on oil, and we need to start bombing another country. :rant:
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Re: gas prices are out of freakin' control

If you want gas prices to change, you're gonna have to go to Wall St. ;)
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Normally yes, but this time, no.. the price of a barrel of crude oil has been pretty constant the past month or more..

the price fixing bastards of big oil are claiming refinery issues are to blame for all the price increases... in a society where the government feels the need to interject itself into every little facet of its citizen's personal life and freedoms, youd think it would be able to handle an issue that is affecting almost every aspect of our economy.... sad
      Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

I know, it's nuts!!

Superunleaded is now $3.99 at some Shell, Chevron, and Mobil stations. I drive a little further down to my gas for my SC bird for 3.85.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

i see it a bit odd that gas stays hovering around $2-2.50 all winter, and once the driving season hits, it skyrockets to almost 4 bucks a gallon... its a little too convenient if you ask me. the oil companies are basically getting away with murder on this one...

arent there laws against price gouging?
          2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

hard to prove and oil companied have lawmakers in their pockets. a simple fact of the republic system
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
              i see it a bit odd that gas stays hovering around $2-2.50 all winter, and once the driving season hits, it skyrockets to almost 4 bucks a gallon... its a little too convenient if you ask me. the oil companies are basically getting away with murder on this one...
              yea, just like how renting beach-side property and booking hotels on the beach is super cheap in the winter months, then it shoots way up in the summer. It's all a conspiracy...the man is tryin to keep us down.

Seriously.
              People travel more in the summer.
              There's more demand for gas.
              Prices go up.

This isn't rocket science, people

Comment

I used to complain, not anymore. Now I just drop my pant and take it! I spend about $50 is gas every week.

:)
                09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther
                  yea, just like how renting beach-side property and booking hotels on the beach is super cheap in the winter months, then it shoots way up in the summer. It's all a conspiracy...the man is tryin to keep us down.

Seriously.
                  People travel more in the summer.
                  There's more demand for gas.
                  Prices go up.

This isn't rocket science, people
                  i know what supply and demand is

but i was under the impression that it was against the law to jack up prices on a neccessary good
                  2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

yeah but the camaros do have a huge *** tank too 16 1/2 gallons i think is alot

Comment

Originally posted by mobilelectronics
                      yeah but the camaros do have a huge *** tank too 16 1/2 gallons i think is alot
                      yeah, but you get 29 MPG too

09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
                      sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

Originally posted by kala
                        yeah, but you get 29 MPG too

Not everybody, at all.

29 MPG is what some people get on Highway miles
                        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

sucks to be those people

I would be upset if that was my city mileage although its not far off
                          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i know what supply and demand is

but i was under the impression that it was against the law to jack up prices on a neccessary good
                            no. that's how it's suppose to work. there are some laws that prevent the local stations from jacking up prices too much.

the more people use gas and the more they show they are willing to pay $4 a gallon, the less likely we will ever see gas prices drop again.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Gasoline? A "neccessary good"? Way to be the stereotypical American sports car driver. lol @ u. If gas was a "neccessary good," why does the demand for it fluxuate as much as it does? I mean, I was under the impression that if something is a "neccessary good," people would need the same amount all the time.

Anyways, do you not have Public Transit in your area? Cab service? a bike shop? I know of a bunch of people who don't even have their driver's licenses, but still get to and from work and have normal day-to-day routines.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X