Cicada season is here... are you ready? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cicada season is here... are you ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cicada season is here... are you ready?

supposedly they're already coming up around here, though I havent seen any yet... the major wave is coming around tuesday, those things creep me the hell out! I'm not looking forward to shoveling this things out of my backyard
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Re: Cicada season is here... are you ready?

Our major hit was 2 years ago so we have a while before they show up in mass again. I hit one on the highway with the t-tops off and it cliped the edge of the b pillar. Half of the cicada splattered onto the hatch glass the other half was shot up onto my dash and buzzed around for a little while.

Comment

i hate bugs in all shapes, sizes and forms. them things creep me the f**k out. i'll party it up w/ snakes all day, but you bring spiders around and i'll freak. I shot a spider w/ a 12 gauge back when i was 16 (at my dads house out on the farm... it was probably bigger than most member's hands...) *shiver* ugh!
      2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

i guess people around here are saying they should be coming out tonight...

looks like the t-tops arent coming off for a few weeks!
        2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

im from the chicago area, and ive never had a big problem with them?!

what do you mean shoveling them outa your yard?
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

a couple years ago we had them bad here in my area of ohio.... i loved having them around... we would gather a ton of them in a bucket and just do random things with them... like if you tug hard enough at the front left or right leg the whole head pops off... lol

also we would use them as golf balls.... practice for our paintball guns... and dare people to eat them

Comment

they are just loud, thats all. I was glad to hear they do not damage gardens. I had always wondered
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Daviselk
                a couple years ago we had them bad here in my area of ohio.... i loved having them around... we would gather a ton of them in a bucket and just do random things with them... like if you tug hard enough at the front left or right leg the whole head pops off... lol

also we would use them as golf balls.... practice for our paintball guns... and dare people to eat them
                there were really bad here! i was moving at that time to. so every damn box we brought in had like 20-30 of those m'fers in them. i was riding with a buddy and one landed on his leg while he was driving and he freaked out so bad that we almost wrecked

i hate those ****ing things!!!!!

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                  I was glad to hear they do not damage gardens.
                  Are you a big gardener?
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Some crazy people down south actually catch and eat those things...Yyuk!
                    I saw a show where they made pudding, cakes, desserts, ...all kinds of stuff from those damn bugs! As gross as it was, I just HAD to watch the show until the end!
                    sigpic

Comment

are you pussy northerners crying about bugs?

Comment

Take pics... I wanna see this stuff. lol
                        Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
                          Are you a big gardener?
                          I garden. Is your vagina so swollen you can't handle feminine tasks? ;)
                          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Ok, well I've never heard of such a bug in the south.....about the worst we have are mosquito's. And that's why I live in the south, I would rather have little bugs trying to bite me, then some loud buzzing thing in the high numbers.

This sounds like a summer killer to your paint on the front of your car, something like love bugs. Love bugs will dig into your paint and cause it to chip, and then you can't get the thing loose without damaging more of the paint. :S

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                              I garden. Is your vagina so swollen you can't handle feminine tasks? ;)

I garden too, well, help my girlfriend garden because I don't know too much about it. I get free fruit every summer, so.. hell yes

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X