Viper Alarm info.. Anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viper Alarm info.. Anyone??

I'm looking into getting a Viper alarm with a pager system that tells you when the alarm is sounding, along with a remote starter. It will be installed this Saturday. I need to know if this is the best alarm out there (or close to it) and if there are any inherit problems that "could" be present with this alarm. ANY info good or bad is welcome... thanks!
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Re: Viper Alarm info.. Anyone??

I can't even begin to remember the number of after market alarms I have removed because people scotch lock the wires causing a lot of problems.

because of the experience, I would never have an alarm put on my car by someone else. these people do not know what they are really doing.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i put a 791xv in my car last summer,viper alarms are great.mine has the pager and remote start,but i never hooked it up because mine is a manual.and yea i think viper is the best out there.the 791xv was there top model when i bought it,im not sure what it is now.the options you can get for it are almost endless.the only problem i had was working around the passkey.it should work great if its installed right.make sure you know your installer there is alot that can go wrong if its installed incorrectly.

Comment

My friend has the viper alarm and all he complained about was that the battery would die so quick.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman</a>

Comment

yea the battery in the pager goes dead once a month or so.its sending and receiving singal constantly when the alarm is armed.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I have a couple of questions about the system:

Is the alarm silent when you are paged? (or is it already going off?)

How sensitive is the impact sensor? Is it adjustable?

Will I be able to use my stock keyless entry (which is located on the key off my 06' Eclipse)? Or am I only able to use the one with the kit?

They will also install a bypass chip... will this screw anything up on my stock alarm? I'm assuming that the stock alarm will not work in addition to the Viper alarm? (It basically has a pass-key type of system.)

Last question... what type of battery does the pager take? And how much do they cost?
            2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

the alarm is already going off when you are paged and the pager uses one AAA battery which does die out frequently like mentioned in earlier posts. sorry i couldnt answer the other questions which are more important.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/ohmygoth\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/ohmygoth</a>

Comment

^ cool. Thanks for the help!
                2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

the pager tells you what zone has been triggered when your alarm goes off.like if one of your doors is opened it will show the door on the pager flashing.i think it has five zones that show on the pager.the shock sensor has a little screw you turn to adjust it.im not familar with eclipse door locking systems so i couldnt say if you could use it or not.i think if your installing a bypass chip your factory alarm would still read the chip and think the key is in the ignition.and the viper has a wire for the factory alarm,my car didnt come with an alarm so i didnt learn to much about it though.and the pager takes aaa batteries.here is a link to the install manual for the 791xv if you have any more questions http://www.directechs.com/guides/man...N564V_6-03.pdf -good luck!!

Comment

Thank you so much for this extremely useful info. :bowdown:
                    2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

sounds interesting let me know how you like it shirl.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                      Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X