OK, so Kentucky jail wardens are not the brightest people in the world... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, so Kentucky jail wardens are not the brightest people in the world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, so Kentucky jail wardens are not the brightest people in the world...

The plan to spring Timothy Rouse from jail must have seemed like a long shot. The 19-year-old had been assessed by the United States authorities as highly dangerous. The prison, in La Grange, Kentucky, was suitably secure.

It was therefore the optimist among Rouse's associates who had the simple idea of faxing the prison authorities from a local grocery store with bogus instructions that "demanded" he be released. Only an optimist might have believed officials would free their friend on the basis of an absurdly fabricated decree from the state's highest court: a document with no letterhead and one littered with spelling and grammatical mistakes.

Rouse, who was held on charges of burglary, robbery, theft and assault, walked from jail and was not recaptured for another fortnight; the time it took the authorities to realise their mistake. Hardly a criminal mastermind, he was staying at his mother's house when eight police officers arrived.

As the authorities began an investigation to find out who faxed the letter, officials demanded to know how security was breached so easily. "It's outrageous that it happened," Fulton County attorney Rick Major said. "I'm just glad nobody got hurt because he's dangerous."

Prison officials concede that the faked letter did bear the fax mark of a grocery store but said no one would have noticed because security policies do not require the sources of faxes to be traced. Greg Taylor, the facility's director, said: "It's not part of a routine check, but certainly, in hindsight, that would perhaps have caused somebody to ask a question."

He said the letter itself would not automatically arouse suspicion because misspelling was commonplace in court documents. Carlos Moran, who is representing Rouse, declined to comment.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Re: OK, so Kentucky jail wardens are not the brightest people in the world...

wow

That is surprising
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Yeah, the prison guards thought all faxes come by way of Piggly Wiggly.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Seriously, there are SO many steps and procedures for the process of law...

must not be the case once your in the big house
        1999 Camaro Z/28
        1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

come on guys, its kentucky. I'll be the first to admit that we don't have the brightest people around here.
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
            come on guys, its kentucky. I'll be the first to admit that we don't have the brightest people around here.
            One good thing about KT is Ale8one or whatever...
            1999 Camaro Z/28
            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
              One good thing about KT is Ale8one or whatever...
              YESSSSS. Ale81 is the ****. The factory is like 20 minutes from my parents house. I remember when nobody knew what it was and now its everywhere.
              Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                YESSSSS. Ale81 is the ****. The factory is like 20 minutes from my parents house. I remember when nobody knew what it was and now its everywhere.
                I love that stuff...We stopped in KT on a road trip for like 3 days and I drank that non-stop...

You should ship me some

look what I found...I'm tempted
                http://www.ale8one.com/cans.cfm
                Last edited by badinfluenceRS; 04-26-2007, 12:49 AM.
                1999 Camaro Z/28
                1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Wow... ... thats special right there....

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                  i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                  R.I.P. '07 Pats
                  Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                    I love that stuff...We stopped in KT on a road trip for like 3 days and I drank that non-stop...

You should ship me some

look what I found...I'm tempted
                    http://www.ale8one.com/cans.cfm
                    wow thats expensive. Of course the bottles are the best but if you want some then just let me know, send me a payment through paypal and I'll send ya some. I think for a 6pack of bottles its about 3 bucks. Individual bottles are around 50 cents and a 12 pack of cans is 3.70

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X