EBAY Scammers - Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBAY Scammers - Read

I know almost everyone here knows about them, but there has been a bunch of new people join that might not know. i was checking my email today and saw a message with the title "message from ebay member". the body of it read:

Hello,
    I'm still waiting the item for about 5 days. What happened?

Please respond me ASAP.

Thank you,

Kelly.

the user id was "themilkmaid210" and the rating was a 238. im not in any kind of deals right now and havent been for awhile so i know something is up. i went to the actual ebay site and searched for the member and it says the rating is a zero, the account is inactive, and that the member is from the phillipines (no offense to anyone from there). Most of those emails are sent out to steal passwords once you log-in to reply back. Only reply to messages that you are involved in an auction with or that you asked them about their item. Most of the time the title wont read "message from ebay member". it'll say something like "Re: Question for item #110110439440 - Chevrolet : Camaro" or something like that.

This is just to let the new members out there know. The emails look legit and a lot of people fall for them. Possible sticky?
    Last edited by bcraig; 04-25-2007, 12:53 PM.
    Check out my car on cardomain.com!!! <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=844739</a>

Re: EBAY Scammers - Read

yo... i got one of them too a while back. followed the link and after i signed in i realized what i had done. immediately changed my password and haven't had any problems yet. i also reported the problem to ebay's customer support.

Comment

yep...its quite a clever trick.

Comment

Same goes with all those PayPal emails saying your account whatever has been suspended, etc. Bottom line: If they ask you to sign in, close the window, open a new one (type in ebay or paypal or whatever) and sign in then. Never sign in through the link in the email... ever

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
        i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
        R.I.P. '07 Pats
        Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
          Same goes with all those PayPal emails saying your account whatever has been suspended, etc. Bottom line: If they ask you to sign in, close the window, open a new one (type in ebay or paypal or whatever) and sign in then. Never sign in through the link in the email... ever
          x2 ....

I get them all the time ......... try to access your mail from ebay via "my ebay" section and for paypal, just open a new browser and sign in ....... if you can sign in,your account is fine .......... I HATE SCAMMERS!!! but I am smarter than them :D

:)
          09 Nissan 370Z MB M6 Sports Package
          sigpic

www.the370z.com

Comment

I've also seen adds for vehicles on craigslist, which link to phony ebay sites (like clones). You go to bid on the vehicle because the reserve is ridiculously low and u've just handed over your password and username. The phony auction for the truck I'm talking about showed the actual pic of a real truck up for auction on the real ebay website with the same id number. Only difference was that it was thousands less.

Comment

It's a shame that some of these scamming people don't put their minds to something useful in life! They're actually very smart, but use their craniums illegally. They need a good asswhoopin!
              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X