Tech School...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech School...

Has anyone been through a decent automotive technician program in their area? There is a good school near my house, and I was considering classes there this fall, but I just want to know if any of you might know. What are the chances of someone getting a great job at say a dealership or something making decent money, and possibly getting some benefits, retirement, etc. from having experience in a 2 year program at a technical school? If any of you have actually gone through a program and are now a technician "BLLDOGG" is the only one I know of, then defintely let me know. I'm interested. Thanks guys.

Re: Tech School...

Have you tried talking to a service manager at a dealership? Straight up ask what they are looking for as far as education for employees. See what they consider minimums for employment and see what you would need to be set apart from your peers, looking for the same job.

Rob
    \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

If your close to a community college check them out. The CC I work at has one of the top automotive programs in the country. I think our placement rate is like 98% after graduation and the techs are getting paid pretty good money. As rob said though the best place to get info about a job your thinking about is straight from them. See if you can get a part time job even sweeping floors so your around it when your not at school. The best way to learn anything is to immerse yourself in it.
      Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Talking to the people at the dealerships is a great idea, actually. I was going to work my usual summer job this coming summer as a helper at an electrical contractor business, but I was also considering a job at a dealership of some sort as well. Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X