stock car for autocross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock car for autocross

i know his should prob be in the autocross section ..but i figured it would be forever till i got an answer from there...but anyways, is it bad for u to do an autocross on just a stock car with only exhaust and tires?? cause its my daily driver and i dont want to end up payin for damage to it!!

Re: stock car for autocross

if its your daily driver and your are a virgin then don't do it. If you plan on being safe and not pushing it to the limit then go for it. Just remember its your daily driver.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

k thanks for the help....can u suggest sumpthin i could do then?? cause i really think i want to get into this

Comment

Originally posted by noahb270
        k thanks for the help....can u suggest sumpthin i could do then?? cause i really think i want to get into this
        Not really my topic... if I had to guess then I'd look into suspension including tires. You want to get rid of body roll. Someone will chime in pretty soon to give you the informaiton you want. In the meantime look into the suspension area and look at the stickies.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

thanks a lot

Comment

Suspension, Suspension, Suspension!!!!!! Get the best one you can get..In autocross its not all about power. And get some good tires just for autocrossing.

But its a blast!

Comment

racing your car hard increases the probability of something breaking. Don't play if you can't afford to fix it.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Obviously it pushes the car harder and makes things more likely to break. Doesn't mean it will break. You will use up tires.

The first steps are to go to see one, and to get a rulebook. It's easy to make a simple mod like subframe connectors and wind up in a class of very modded cars. Rules vary, but exhausts are usually OK in stock, but not different size wheels.
                2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

Originally posted by noahb270
                  cause i really think i want to get into this
                  if you want to get into it, what's stopping you from spending the money? If it's something you want to do, man up and do it right...better to spend some money on mods than even more on repairs

Comment

you will tear up the tires, overall you should not have any major problems...

well unless you have severely worn shocks, then you could shear of the bolts to your torque arm clamshell, or somehow lose your panhard bolt.

not that it didn't happen to me or something

Comment

Check the rules to see what class you are going to run in. Even if you are getting pounding by people in your class it will still be a fun time. I have run a daily driver and a lot of my friends have too. Just stay on top of inspecting the vehicle and maintance.

Comment

ohh yeah, most places are big on secure batteries... a common problem with f-bodies.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X