Suicidal killers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicidal killers

This may make some angry, but it needs to be said. Note that I kept it out of the other thread, in respect.

People are justifiably disturbed by what happened at VA Tech.

Now imagine you live somewhere where every day, some suicidal maniac kills tens of perfectly innocent people. Every f****** day.

Next door you see societies with authoritarian governments that don't have the problem. Where people seem to lead decent enough lives, by your standards. Way better than yours. Might you think having a strong leader running things isn't so bad?

How would you feel about the people whose arrival you link to the problem? Are they people you want to be there? Or, are you so desperate by now, you'd like to see what happens if they left? Might you think it couldn't be any worse?

EDIT I'm not making any general argument about how things work. I'm only talking about a specific situation in one unique place. I've rewritten the reference to democracy which seems to be obscuring the issue.
    Last edited by V6Bob; 04-19-2007, 12:21 PM.
    2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Re: Suicidal killers

so are you trying to say non-democratic countries are safer than democratic country's?

I'd beg to differ
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Im not sure what democracy has to do with the situation???
      sigpic
      1997 Camaro RS A4
      2006 Chevy Colorado
      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Is he talkin about iraq? And is he saying that a dictatorship is better than a democracy? Maybe its just me but i don't think that post made much sense
        2002 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Monsoon stereo with T-Tops

Comment

I think he's a commie j/k. There's flaws with every system, some would make an argument for one over another. I don't think the political system has anything to do with it so much as the fact that there are so many rights and activists groups out there. Everytime something happens no matter what it is people have to second guess themselves or their actions because there will be groups rallying against it. This didn't hit directly on what you were saying but indirectly what I was getting at is this, if you were to pull a student out of a school because he's mentally ****ed you would have a lawsuit or protest on your hands. If it doesn't get resolved quickly you will have mass media and protest. If you don't pull him out the incident on Monday could occur. Ok for another example, if someone commits a crime several times and they get locked up for a very long time you will have people protesting that it's excessive, let them out and they could kill a number of people. No matter what in society today because people are so sensitive and afraid to hurt someone's feelings your pretty well ****ed.
          Last edited by youngsc; 04-19-2007, 12:00 PM.
          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

^^I don't know if people are so much as sensitive as they are greedy. People are ready quicker to sue than to fix things. Others might not be as concerned about hurting feelings as they are of getting sued
            2002 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Monsoon stereo with T-Tops

Comment

I work at a CC in the same office with Risk Mgmt. There have been a few claims where we wouldn't back down and before you know it their legal representation and other "groups" started their threats. Yeah people are greedy but most of the groups are non profit so it's as much oversensitive losers as it is greed.

I got three words for all of them "SUCK IT UP"

Comment

I see a parallel to iraq in your post bob. Are you an iraqi? Do you live in iraq? Can you speak on their behalf? No.. probably not.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                R.I.P. '07 Pats
                Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

CNN did a piece a while back asking this very question. The polled several Iraqi's - was it better with Saddam. The majority polled said it was better.

Of course, this is especially true for those in the north who had family members executed/severaly deformed.

not scientific, but take it for what it is.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Since the parralel is evidently Iraq let me just add this. These occurences do not happen as much/ at all because of the fear. People are afraid to do something like that and live because they know they will die and so will their families. Leading by fear is not good. The resolution then would be stiffer penalties, sentences and saying to hell with the right's groups. I'm all for that. Remember vote for Steve in '08.

Comment

I don't want to get the ban stick so i'd rather not say anything.
                      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X