Good News!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News!!!!

Okay, long story short. I am in Air Force ROTC and was selected for a pilot slot last year. I went to Texas to get my flying physical and they found some "issues" with my eyes (which are not correctable) thus I got disqualified from being a pilot. :mad:

I called BS cuz I've always had perfect vision so I went to see 2 civilian eye doctors and 2 military eye doctors, ALL of which found NOTHING wrong with my eyes. My commander made some phone calls, did some paperwork to get me re-evaluated, but the Air Force still said "No, we will not re-evaluate him". My dad is active duty and he also tried pulling some strings and using his connections, but they still said "NO!"

We have been fighting this for almost 12 months now, and they FINALLY gave in and said they will send me back to Texas to get my eyes re-evaluated!!! WOOT!!! :D

Being that 4 docs have not found anything wrong with my eyes, I am fully confident that I will get my pilot slot back and be flying jets in the future :cool:
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Re: Good News!!!!

Wish you the best of luck. We need another good pilot... just dont be cocky one.

Comment

WOOT! Bio (?) degree ftl!

Comment

Good Luck to ya!!:banana:

Comment

Damn lucky im in the Air Force and would kill for a pilot slot. But my one of my eyes are bad but I can still fly airlines....Good luck to you.
          Go 15s or 16s! I'm a F-15 tech in the National Guard here in Jax

Blue Skies!

Comment

its funny how they find reasons to not let you be a pilot. ive heard this from quite a few people now. one buddy got disqualified for having psoriasis on his elbows and another for a bad ankle. why do they do that?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Awesome! I hope it goes well for you, I am looking into Air Force ROTC, I plan on an appt. soon.

Comment

Awsome news man! Hope all goes well down there.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                  its funny how they find reasons to not let you be a pilot. ive heard this from quite a few people now. one buddy got disqualified for having psoriasis on his elbows and another for a bad ankle. why do they do that?
                  Because fighter pilots are like the athletes of the sky. They have to be in perfect physical and mental condition. With all the G's and manuveurs the do. There flying multi-million dollar jets that can really do some major damage.

Heres a diff. of pilots
                  Pilot- (n)
                  (1) The most elite group of players in this world.
                  (2) Bus driver of the air, generally fresh from a Motel 6 sleepover with a 50-something stew.
                  (3) Sometimes confused with God
                  Last edited by reillyracing; 04-19-2007, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reillyracing
                    Because fighters are like the athletes of the sky. They have to be in perfect physical and mental condition. With all the G's and manuveurs the do. There flying multi-million dollar jets that can really do some major damage.

Heres a diff. of pilots
                    Pilot- (n)
                    (2) Bus driver of the air, generally fresh from a Motel 6 sleepover with a 50-something stew.
                    #3 crazy awesome.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by reillyracing
                      Because fighters are like the athletes of the sky. They have to be in perfect physical and mental condition. With all the G's and manuveurs the do. There flying multi-million dollar jets that can really do some major damage.

Heres a diff. of pilots
                      Pilot- (n)
                      okay so explain how dry skin on the elbow is going to effect the performance of a person.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                        okay so explain how dry skin on the elbow is going to effect the performance of a person.
                        The dry skin I dont know. But there are only so many pilot slots open so they always go with the guys who dont have ANYTHING wrong with him.

Comment

I dunno Roger, the Air Force is sooooo strict on that stuff that it blows my mind too. I know you have to be in good shape, but I know a guy who was nearly kicked out of the AF all together for minor allergies :rolleyes:
                          sigpic
                          1997 Camaro RS A4
                          2006 Chevy Colorado
                          2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

wow lol. anyways good luck

/highjack of chris's thread

Follow me!
                            Or this

Comment

i read the first line and was a little conerned you didnt know the meaning of good news, thats solid tho, .....but pilots can be ****s, i guess what im trying to say is....you'll fit right in ; )

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X