Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just might this work?

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...s_Mileage.html

About the acetone. Never heard of it, but don't know anything about it.

Thoughts?
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Just might this work?

was a good video until the acetone bullcrap. my thoughts are :bs:
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I was thinking that too, just wondering if anyone else had heard of it.
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I cant watch the video sice I am at work and the link is blocked, but acetone is awesome $hit. I use it for a lot of things ( preping a car for paint, the glue after you remove a sticker, cleaning emblems, cleans old stains off cement).

Comment

The video is a guy that says adding a small amount to your gas tank can improve gas milage. According to his tests it showed 10mpg increase. Dno about that, but just wondering what others thoughts were. Definitely not what i would think to use acetone for.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

It was conclusively proven by the Mythbusters that acetone does not in anyway improve your gas mileage. In fact in their experiments it made it worse!

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Sounds interesting, but without some kind of real proof that didn't come from teh interweb, I don't trust it. I don't know what acetone will do to my car

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                It was conclusively proven by the Mythbusters that acetone does not in anyway improve your gas mileage. In fact in their experiments it made it worse!
                Mythbusters = God

I will never put acetone in my tank, lol

Comment

That acetone things sounds like a load of bull**** to me. That video was probably made by mechanics who are trying to get you to break your car.
                  -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

believe me, if there were a reliable, cheap (less expensive than gas is now) way to improve gas milage significantly, the OEM's would be ALL over it. if it sounds too good to be tru, it is.
                    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

camaro dom is right on my teacher for engine performance works at the proving grounds for gm and he has talked about this stuff time and time again if something like this would give better gas mileage they would be all over it.
                      95 camaro 3.4auto, 3:23 gears, K&n intake, jet stage 1 chip, clear corners, flowmaster 80series, carsound cat,

Comment

I know it doesn't improve gas mileage but I've heard rumors it helps clean your fuel system......truth or bs?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X