Welder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welder?

Ive been looking around for a good 115v welder. I dunno whether it should be MIG or TIG. I want to weld some exhaust pipe for my maro. I have about 200 - 350$ for one. I dont want anything professional, just something that will get the job done.

So what do you guys have? What type of welder do you use?

Re: Welder?

Lincoln pro mig 140 , can use gas of flux wire.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have a Miller (Hobart) 140w welder. Miller and Lincoln are probably the best 110v Migs out there. Just a point of advice; Get a tank of Argon/C02 along with the tank, and non-flux wire. Your welds will be smoother and ALOT cleaner!
      sigpic

Comment

Mines a Chicago Electric "Easy Mig 100" its a flux-core
        paid only $120 brand new
        I'm ashamed...
        you peopel have millers and lincolns and i have chinese
        but it gets the job done... no complaints here really
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
          Mines a Chicago Electric "Easy Mig 100" its a flux-core
          paid only $120 brand new
          I'm ashamed...
          you peopel have millers and lincolns and i have chinese
          but it gets the job done... no complaints here really
          As long as it works...that's all that matters!

Also, check the back of your welder. Most Migs have a port to allow for a tank to be attached. If so, try the Argon/C02 with non-flux wire. You'll be amazed how different the weld bead lays down when using gas!
          sigpic

Comment

chicago electric here too. you're right, it get's the job done.

Comment

I was thinking of getting a welder.

how hard is it to teach yourself... Its becoming too big of a pain needing to get **** welded. I am looking to maybe invest in it.

how are the chicago electric(sounds like harbour freight special stuff)

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses. Im gonna have to teach my self how to weld with one of these things in my spare time.

Comment

I know you mentioned chicago Electric(typical harbour freight brand)

but may want to check out the Hobart, and other ones at www.northerntool.com they are reasonably priced adn I woudl trust them more then a chicago electric.

Comment

yeah, the chicago electric is cheap but I've had it for over 4 years and used it for countless projects. hasn't failed on me yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X