When ignorant people spout off their mouths.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When ignorant people spout off their mouths....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When ignorant people spout off their mouths....

It propogates ignorance so that many people think the same, untrue thing.

I was talking cars with a couple of guys at work and the subject of Camaros started. He said something like "yeah, the SS is just the ultimate Camaro, it makes the others just look like, nothing (which pissed me off, considering i drive a non-SS Camaro), they don't even compare. They're so much faster"

I calmly informed him that there is no substantial speed difference between an SS and a Z28, in the 4th gen form. I even told him that the only reason the C5 Corvette is any faster than an f-body is because it weighs less, that the engine power is underrated in the f-bodies.

He continued to argue with me, citing the horsepower difference (which we all know doesn't really exist.)

I told him that the exhaust/intake don't make that much of a difference, the two cars come with the same engine, and they don't dyno significantly different. The SS is mainly valuable as a collector car.

He still didn't believe me. Oh well, nice guy. I was disappointed with the ignorance though, considering I live in the redneck hell which is Oklahoma. You'd think people would know redneck topics like cars/Camaros. LOL.
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Re: When ignorant people spout off their mouths....

it really annoys the hell out of me sometimes. seems like car dealers are the worst. i had one tell me a 05 gt could smoke me and a stock 03 cobra would rape me. after i told him i rape gt's and i got beat by .16 by a bolt on and pullied cobra (460rwp est.) i told him i think i could take a stock cobra. (gotta ls1 by the way)

i guess ignorance is bliss. i have had several ss will rape a z28 conversations. even after explaining the difference, they still are set in their misguided ways
    2002 NBM Pontiac Firebird Formula<br />Mods: stock...<br />1997 Chevy Camaro *Gone*<br />Mods:Borla,headers,Magnaflow cat, SLP intake, NOS 5175

Comment

I hear you. I was looking in the showroom of a local Chevrolet dealership at a C6 Corvette. I saw that the window sticker showed it had a manual transmission, when it had the auto paddleshift. I pointed it out to the salesman, who insisted it was a manual b/c it is paddle shift. I was pretty certain Chevrolet would never call a tranny without a clutch, and with a torque converter, "manual." I even looked it up on Chevy's site, they call it an automatic. LOL.

Another time I went in there and the guy trying to sell Corvettes was confused when I started talking about "C5s" and "C6s." I had to explain to him the nature of the terms.
      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

jesus the SS vs Z28 argument... i was casually talking to a kid with a eagle talon, and my friends 2001 z28 came up. he was like "oh so it had the LT1 in it then?" i calmly responded "no, all z28's came with the LS1's from 98 on." this kid would not give it up, he was like "no man, all z28s are LT1's and all SS's are LS1's! after about a 20 minute argument, he still didnt believe me, until a good friend of mine (owns an 11 second WRX) came outside of the party we were at and heard what we were talking about. after he told the kid ONCE he believed him. i nearly flipped out, like how is this kid gonna not believe the guy with a camaro over a kid with a subaru...

import ignorance is bliss, i mean, damn! i could tell you the basic differences between a lot of imports, i guess rice drivers dont even bother to try and learn about faster domestics... but im sure they could give you a 100 reasons why their car is faster/better than a cavalier/neon
        2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by 00 Silver 6
          jesus the SS vs Z28 argument... i was casually talking to a kid with a eagle talon, and my friends 2001 z28 came up. he was like "oh so it had the LT1 in it then?" i calmly responded "no, all z28's came with the LS1's from 98 on." this kid would not give it up, he was like "no man, all z28s are LT1's and all SS's are LS1's! after about a 20 minute argument, he still didnt believe me, until a good friend of mine (owns an 11 second WRX) came outside of the party we were at and heard what we were talking about. after he told the kid ONCE he believed him. i nearly flipped out, like how is this kid gonna not believe the guy with a camaro over a kid with a subaru...

import ignorance is bliss, i mean, damn! i could tell you the basic differences between a lot of imports, i guess rice drivers dont even bother to try and learn about faster domestics... but im sure they could give you a 100 reasons why their car is faster/better than a cavalier/neon
          I would of ended up hitting that kid in the face
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Mmmm ignorance.... :drool:

Reason, logic, and facts are overated anyway.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

its stupid, only real difference is appearance and ram air but ram air is a easy thing to get for a z28, and yeah ricers are even dumber cuz they think there honda civic or dodge neon can beat any v6,v8 etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                Mmmm ignorance.... :drool:

Reason, logic, and facts are overated anyway.
                like that one post you made the other day
                1999 Camaro Z/28
                1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                  like that one post you made the other day
                  Which post inparticular?

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                  R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Which post inparticular?
                    Join us in the chat Fireball,...NOW.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Which post inparticular?
                      had something to do with Oakland
                      1999 Camaro Z/28
                      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
                        had something to do with Oakland
                        Oh well ya.. thats Oakland tho.. the stories i tell about that place are far from exaggerated

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by 96greenmachine
                          its stupid, only real difference is appearance and ram air but ram air is a easy thing to get for a z28, and yeah ricers are even dumber cuz they think there honda civic or dodge neon can beat any v6,v8 etc.
                          ****, 3/4 of them ditch the ram air from the hood and get a ram air kit, either fipk for the lt1 and the airfoil or whatever you want to call it for the ls1

Comment

i had a guy try to tell me the only difference between a camaro and a vette was the body... i told him that they were 2 totally different cars (being full framed, irs, lack of rear seats, all glass body...) and he still thought they were the same.
                            some people just dont deserve the time or effort to be properly informed.
                            foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                            if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

the other day I was leaving work after a meeting. A new guy says to me "Is that a real one?". I said "a real what?" He says "a V8". I said "no, why don't you give me some money and I'll get one". Funny part is he drives a piece of **** and I could see the look of jealousy on his face.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X