Whats wrong with today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong with today

A good example about why society is going down the ****ter and everyone is becoming pussies:

See what 50 years will do:

Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1956 - Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.

2006 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1956 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2006 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Jason won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1956 - Jason sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.

2006 - Jason given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jason has a disability.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car and his Dad gives him a whipping.

1956 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2006 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1956 - Mark shares headache medicine with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2006 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1956 : Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2006 : Pedro's cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed

1956 - Ants die.

2006 - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary, hugs him to comfort him.

1956 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.

Stupid yuppies

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Re: Whats wrong with today

its so true... the worlds getting soft and the youth are getting messed up
    2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Damn, that kinda actually does take it into prospective.
      I think we have to grow with the pains though, not much we can do. People keep getting stupider, we need to keep getting smarter

Comment

1956 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2006 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.
        I got into a fight in 6th grade... the principle said I was suspended even though I didn't throw the first punch. Dad came up to the school and told the principle that I was defending myself and what was I suppose to do. The principle said if I didn't throw a punch then i wouldn't be in trouble
        So then dad said "so if I punch you and you don't hit me back then my boy gets suspended, if I punch you and you hit back then we can call it a day!" Dad is crazy... but its the truth. Dad told me if I ever set there and took a beating then expect one when I get home.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Repost. I'm not gonna find it, but vanbibber posted it IIRC
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

I'm still pissed we couldn't play dodge ball during gym in high school. Instead, we played human target games.
            <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27

Stupid yuppies
              I am not so convinced yuppies had so much to do with it. Activists, politicians, parents failing to raise children.

Yuppies. no. Stupid igonorant people. yep.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

I do admit in alot of ways the world is softer...

but something else to keep in perspective...

how often in 1956 were kids bringing there guns to school and mowing down classmates?

and compare HS drug use compared 1956 to know...

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                  I do admit in alot of ways the world is softer...

but something else to keep in perspective...

how often in 1956 were kids bringing there guns to school and mowing down classmates?

and compare HS drug use compared 1956 to know...
                  but you could blame the reasons kids do things today on the fact they have more limitations on them. Its rhetorical almost. You can say that kids kill other classmates more now then before... but also kids are controlled more now as well, which could lead to these awful things which lead to more control.
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                    but you could blame the reasons kids do things today on the fact they have more limitations on them. Its rhetorical almost. You can say that kids kill other classmates more now then before... but also kids are controlled more now as well, which could lead to these awful things which lead to more control.
                    Its a vicious cycle

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                    R.I.P. '07 Pats
                    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Its a vicious cycle
                      yeah... I confused myself when typing it. Then I got sad, then I typed some more :( Ironic isn't it?

Comment

i posted something similar.

and yes, the world is full of walking vaginas.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

That was a great friggin list and unfortuneately so true. I remember in my senior public speaking class in high school I did a presentation on how to make bombs. I did it just for the shock factor, it was pre columbine so no atf or fbi or swat was called, just a **** load of scared teachers with nothing to do.

Originally posted by josh98bird
                          yeah... I confused myself when typing it. Then I got sad, then I typed some more :( Ironic isn't it?
                          Take some uppers but not to much then you'll get stuck on ridalin.
                          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
                            Take some uppers but not to much then you'll get stuck on ridalin.
                            What exactly are you trying to say here?
                            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

A good example about why society is going down the ****ter and everyone is becoming pussies:

See what 50 years will do:

Scenario: Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in gun rack.

1956 - Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack's rifle, goes to his car and gets his to show Jack.

2006 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Jason won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1956 - Jason sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal. Sits still in class.

2006 - Jason given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from state because Jason has a disability.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his father's car and his Dad gives him a whipping.

1956 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2006 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1956 - Mark shares headache medicine with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2006 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1956 : Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2006 : Pedro's cause is taken up by state democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak English.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed

1956 - Ants die.

2006 - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary, hugs him to comfort him.

1956 - In a short time Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2006 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison.

Stupid yuppies

1956 - Cold War with Russia

2006 - US the only superpower left in the world.
                              ---------------------------------------------

1956 - Heroine is at an all time high use.

2006 - Heroine replaced by many different designer drugs.
                              ----------------------------------------------------

1956 - People were cynically going on with their lives in an overwhelming fear of nuclear annihilation. Because of that, people walked around with goofy smiles on their face, and not talking about the apparent elephant in the living room.

2006 - WTC fell, USS Cole Bombed, troops die needlessly in Iraq, but atleast we have enough balls to talk about it.

Same stuff, different decade.
                              1995 Pontiac Firebird
                              2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X