Random- everyone please. RELAY FOR LIFE (cancer) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random- everyone please. RELAY FOR LIFE (cancer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random- everyone please. RELAY FOR LIFE (cancer)

hey guys. this isnt the typical thread that you see in here, but i am posting it to see if anyone wants to help.
    I signed up to participate in Relay for Life this year. what I'm going to be doing is walking around a track all night (this coming friday i think) raising money to fight cancer.
    what other people can do is donate. basically, i registered with the foundation, and people can donate through me. anyone who is interested (even just about reading about it, you dont have to donate) can leave their email here, and i will send you out an email which discusses the problem, and what relay for life is doing to help. at the bottom, there is a link to where you can make a donation. the donation goes straight to the foundation, it has very little to do with me. im just the one sending out the link.
    any donation helps, you dont have to give a large amount.
    Thanks to everyone, even for just reading this and thinking about it.
    Steve (the pirate)
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Re: Random- everyone please. RELAY FOR LIFE (cancer)

No one is going to trust someone on the internet to relay the donations and I see no link.

This is a typical scam scenario
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Ya right.
      1995 Bluish green 3.4l Camaro.<br />Bone stock right now lol!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042355</a>

Comment

i understand that it looks weird. its RELAY FOR LIFE. its a part of the american cancer society.
        this is the main site
        http://www.relayforlife.com/docroot/home/index.asp

this is my schools section of the site
        http://www.acsevents.org/faf/home/de...22CA2EB0A7F8EF

the way that it works is that i signed up with the foundation. my fraternity made a team, we are doing it because we are required to do a certain amount of community service type things. it has NOTHING to do with us though. each person who registers can send out emails that have the link to donate. so when you donate, it will show up that you donated through me, but i dont ever see the money.
        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
        2006 S60- Sold

Comment

nice to see that no one here has heard of it apparently. all of my schools have taken part of this, im surprised that no one else has.

edit: this is the direct link to donate.
          https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg...upId=171537186
          2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
          2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Relay for life is legit, jsut about every highschool does it.... I heard of it before I got cancer....

Either way good post for me to throw in my random check your nuts lumps, and make sure you have good health insurance post.

Just a update for those that don't know my story, came home from work one day scratched my nuts, felt a bump got it checked out asap, Drs. no likey. Removed the nut in a surgery, biopsy showed I had cancer, it was spreading. Went through 12 weeks of hospitalized chemotherapy(AKA, 3rd ring of hell) and due to having ****ty health insurance, ended up oweing ~$192,000 in bills on top of my $6k of credit card debt, and all my savings drained to $0.

all happened when i was 23(25 now). Its not too common but someone else on Camaroz28.com was just diagnosed with it.

Comment

damn dude. im sorry to hear that! its great to hear from someone who walked away though.
              2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
              2006 S60- Sold

Comment

My HS did this...

Very good cause...don't think I'm cut to donate this year tho

I'll prob run in the local event tho
                1999 Camaro Z/28
                1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Yeah, i'm doing something like this for my schools FFA chapter. I'm the Community Service Committee Chair(wo)man and we've got Relay coming up. I've already put so much time and personal $$ into this to make sure its advertised/being talked about/ect., that I'm almost ready to just run it over with...

I'm VERY sorry DAS BOOT, about your entire experience with cancer. I'm pretty shaken as far as cancer goes, it runs rampant in my family. I recently had a (thankfully) benign cyst removed from my ovary that was 3" x 4". My dad just had prostate cancer removed and so I very much understand how easy it is to not realize how "great" your insurance turns out to be. Too many "only if's" "in the condition that" "after X amount has been exceeded", ect.

Plus, my BEST friend in this whole world's dad has cancer and is dying of it. It's god honestly the hardest thing to watch because he's a really great person, has worked hard to build up this extremely successful dairy farm, and now gets confused over really simple things and can't do the things he needs to do to keep his farm going. John's(my friend) brother and sister won't help, and he just got a promotion at his job, therefor requiring him to be there longer, drive farther.

Anyway, best of luck to you in your endeavour with Relay! This is a cause that means a lot to me, and it's really good to see someone else that is trying to help.

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                    No one is going to trust someone on the internet to relay the donations and I see no link.

This is a typical scam scenario
                    scam scenario, yeah maybe... but then again i DID ship him some hockey pads about 5 months ago, and he sent a check for the shipping once he got em.
                    AND he sent me 2 12" kicker subs about a week ago with the full trust that I'd be paying him as soon as I got them (which i did).
                    He's been around a while and he's just tryin to get some support for cancer. I've trusted him already, and he's trusted me. If i wasnt cutting my budget razor close w/ these subs i'd definately be throwing down on this. Good luck bro!
                    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

thanks for the nice words, dom!

and its nice seeing that more people have heard about relay. this is my first year doing it, but i've always seen it. after doing 104 hours of community service in 2 weeks in the end of march, im in that kind of state of mind!
                      2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                      2006 S60- Sold

Comment

i know this didnt get the best responses, but im bringing it back up just to see if anyone else is interested in helping.
                        2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
                        2006 S60- Sold

Comment

Leave it to the dogg to be a **** about it.....mr. pirate is an upstanding guy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X