Habs vs. Leafs!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Habs vs. Leafs!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright guys, the biggest game ever (or at least in the past decade) in NHL history is playing out tonight between the Montreal Canadiens and the HATED Toronto Maple Leafs. These are the two most storied franchises in hockey and possible in sports history (even though Canadiens' 24 Stanley cups towers over the Leafs' 11).

What's at stake? Winner of tonight's game, the final game of the season for both teams, determines which of these bitter rivals moves on to the playoffs...this has nothing to do with being the best in the NHL and everything to do with the pride that will be bestowed on the winner!

I don't expect you Americans to care, but if you're trying to decide which team to root for, keep in mind that the Leafs are annoying (think Darcey Tucker), overrated (think Mats Sundin), and goons (think Tie Domi [untill recently]), while the Habs are the epitimy of heart (Saku Koivu, cancer and eye decapitation survivor), determination (Sheldon Souray, with his NHL record breaking 19 powerplay goals as a defencemen this season) and desire (Higgins, Komisarek [NY natives btw], Ryder).

GO HABS GO!!!
    LEAFS are going DOWN!!! :twak:

Re: Habs vs. Leafs!!!!!!!!!!!

All the damn Hosers and Canucks suck. Keep it up north :mad:

But seriously, i haven't followed hockey at all this year and i kinda disappointed myself by not doing such
    Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

go redwings!!!

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

heh, believe me... i'm gonna be watchin the game drinkin molsons all nite. I'm lookin fer the Canadiens to win. Its a hard call cuz they're both original 6 teams... doesnt matter tho, my Detroit Red Wings are gonna stomp all over everyone! Western Conference Champs baby and your new stanley cup champions for 2007! (as long as we get rid of Andreas Lilja... that giant piece of crap)
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
          go redwings!!!
          LOL well, you root for the wrong team in college football, its good to see you arent COMPLETELY out of your mind! good call :tup:
          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

well, we didnt have a homestate team up until the past few years, i saw no reason to change teams after rooting for the same team for like 10 years.

OSU > the team up north. still though :p

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Red Wings had yet another impressive season. Not to make excuses but the Habs wouldn't be fighting for a playoff spot this late in the season if it weren't for the entire team being decimated by the flu bug twice...guys were on intravenus in the dressing room.

Red wings need to get past another Alberta team, 8th place Calgary...they haven't been able to to do so in recent years...that was an embarassing loss to Edmonton last year and didn't they lose to Calgary in 04?

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                go redwings!!!
                x2!!!

But serioulsy...

MICHIGAN STATE vs. BOSTON COLLEGE...

MSU soon-to-be CHAMPS!!!
                1999 Camaro Z/28
                1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
                  Alright guys, the biggest game ever (or at least in the past decade) in NHL history is playing out tonight between the Montreal Canadiens and the HATED Toronto Maple Leafs. These are the two most storied franchises in hockey and possible in sports history (even though Canadiens' 24 Stanley cups towers over the Leafs' 11).

What's at stake? Winner of tonight's game, the final game of the season for both teams, determines which of these bitter rivals moves on to the playoffs...this has nothing to do with being the best in the NHL and everything to do with the pride that will be bestowed on the winner!

I don't expect you Americans to care, but if you're trying to decide which team to root for, keep in mind that the Leafs are annoying (think Darcey Tucker), overrated (think Mats Sundin), and goons (think Tie Domi [untill recently]), while the Habs are the epitimy of heart (Saku Koivu, cancer and eye decapitation survivor), determination (Sheldon Souray, with his NHL record breaking 19 powerplay goals as a defencemen this season) and desire (Higgins, Komisarek [NY natives btw], Ryder).

GO HABS GO!!!
                  LEAFS are going DOWN!!! :twak:
                  Eye decapitation?!? Uh.... explain that please. I mean.. i'm not doctor, but i'm pretty sure that decapitation by definition means to have ones head removed (usually in a violent and unpleasant way)... so how does one survive that?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                  i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                  R.I.P. '07 Pats
                  Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Mike88
                    this has nothing to do with being the best in the NHL...
                    That's right, because that was already determined earlier today by the SABRES.

It really doesn't matter who wins anyways, they won't make it past the first round of playoffs...
                    <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

mike, you gotta tell you're boys to guard the damn front of the net. both the 5th and 6th goals for Toronto came from the D's watching the puck being passed b/w the points and not watching thier men down low. if the puck is up high, the D's ONLY job is to clear out the front of the net so the goalie has a clear view.

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro Dom
                        mike, you gotta tell you're boys to guard the damn front of the net. both the 5th and 6th goals for Toronto came from the D's watching the puck being passed b/w the points and not watching thier men down low. if the puck is up high, the D's ONLY job is to clear out the front of the net so the goalie has a clear view.
                        That sixth goal was a beautiful double screen :omg:
                        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                          That sixth goal was a beautiful double screen :omg:
                          absolutely it was! not gonna lie, that was perfectly executed but regardless... if you were watching on both those goals, the Hab's D's were just standing there watching the puck up high, when they should've been :twak:'ing anyone who got near that net.
                          Besides, with a game at 6-5 i think both teams need to go back to basics as far as defense goes...

Comment

The Habs have a lot of work to do in the off season. I didn't agree with coach Carbonneau on many of his decisions throughout the season but I think I was most frustrated with his decisions last night. You don't start a goalie who hasen't played a game in nearly 2 months in the single biggest game of the season...our backup goalie was the only reason why the Habs were still in the race this late...Halak hasen't allowed 6 goals once this season and had a very impressive record nearing the end of the season.

Also you talk about screening the goalie...on the goal where Huet was screened hardcore, you had Maxim Lapierre (responsible for screenin the goalie), a rookie whose played no more than 45 games in the NHL killing penalties. Also Carbonneau took Janne Ninnima out of the lineup to replace him with Mark Streit in the final game of the season. 2 problems with that: Mark Streit was converted to a fourth line winger for 2/3rds of the season...he hasen't played D in 3 months. Janne Ninnima was one of our biggest guys on D and despite some questionable play this season he had played solid in the past couple of weeks...the Leafs are huge compared to the Habs and Ninnima's size on D would have made the difference.

I could go on and on and on, probably even write a book about how I blame this season on Carbonneau. He was a great hockey player, but in my opinion he will never be a great coach. His relations with the players has been extremely adversarial at times this season. I think he's gotta go before the Habs will be back on the right track as they were for the 3 seasons prior to his being named head coach. Do I think he will get fired? No, because Bob Gainey (the only reason why the Habs have made it back from the brink in previous seasons) is best friends with Carbo and probably won't put the business before his friendship. I'm pretty sure if Carbo goes, Gainey goes with him, and we really need Gainey.
                            Last edited by Mike88; 04-08-2007, 02:24 PM.

Comment

all I can say now is GO ISLANDERS GO!

They're leading 1-0 against New Jersey in the first period. If the Islanders win today the Leafs are out of the playoffs and I'll be very very happy! I HATE the F_in' Leafs!

The worst part is that I'm going to Grad School in Toronto next September.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X