UAW, Toyota workers to hold town hall meeting....... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAW, Toyota workers to hold town hall meeting.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAW, Toyota workers to hold town hall meeting.......

UAW, Toyota workers to hold town hall meeting Saturday in Kentucky
    The Detroit News

Some Toyota workers will speak about their jobs Saturday at a UAW-supported town hall meeting in Kentucky.
    The topic of the meeting is "The Human Cost of Toyota's Success."
    UAW Vice President Terry Thurman will be among those attending the event in Lexington, Ky. The union has struggled to organize employees at foreign-owned auto makers.
    A news release about the meeting says workers will talk about on-the-job injuries, the use of temporary workers and other concerns about conditions at Toyota Motor Manufacturing of Kentucky.
    Thurman, head of the union's National Organizing Department, said in a statement that "Our union is firmly and fully committed to helping these workers gain justice."

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...59/1148/AUTO01

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Re: UAW, Toyota workers to hold town hall meeting.......

So i guess this is supposed to level the playing field so to speak?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

The UAW must have gotten word that Toyota will be the largest automaker soon. So, now they want to strangle them to death.

Comment

good!

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

it seems to me like getting the union together in a traditionally non-union right to work state won't be very easy. Especially with ford, gm and chrysler floundering and closing plants. Don't think toyota won't tell their workers in kentucky to go f- themselves and move the plant to mexico, or even china.
          -Brad
          98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
          2000 V-Star Custom 1100
          If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
          :rock:

Comment

My uncle works at that plant in the Maintance division. They get more benefits then all the employess from the big 3 put together. They do use temps and as long as you show up to work in 3-6 months they will hire you full time for production work. From the way he talks and the co-workers of his I've met and general way people speak of Toyota around here, I seriously don't think they will be going with UAW.
            Originally posted by kala
            I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
            parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X