The STRONGEST performance in music history! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The STRONGEST performance in music history!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The STRONGEST performance in music history!

Originally posted by Fbody3400
    Not sure about the Beatles? There is nothing to be sure about. They changed the music scene forever. Their music is incredibly well written and played, let alone produced (George Martin).
    I just don't think the Beatles had the emotion of bands like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Hendrix.....just not my style of music. They were great, I guess, but little too pop culture for me. There were alot of bands that changed the music scene forever, including Sabbath and Zeppelin, and in my opinion, more so than the Beatles did. Every modern Rock band, whether it be from the US, Europe, whatever, has its derivitives from either one of these two bands. Nirvana changed the scene, Metallica, Chuck Berry back in the middle 50's, someone comes along and changes music a little. The Beatles are nothing special to me, personally, are nothing more than a fad, and like what happens when the public likes something, The Beatles are only rememberd simply because of their popularity, and are only popular to that extent because of experiences they had, not the music they played. To say EVERYONE who knows about the Beatles remember them about their music is not true. I think many things over a period of time have thrown popularity at them, beginning with the shooting of John Lennon.

Not to mention, Led Zeppelin had the greatest percussionist (NOT DRUMMER) that ever lived. If his life wasn't short lived, that band would have carried to the 90's and maybe even later.
    Last edited by Mogobs30th; 04-05-2007, 09:01 PM.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

T O O L
      1999 Camaro Z/28
      1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

ive never liked the beatles

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by badinfluenceRS
          T O O L
          Yea... their name says it all.

Oldies rock... but elvis...... thats too old. I'll stick with my ELO, Led Zeppelin, Ten Years After, and friends thankyou.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
            Yea... their name says it all.
            Tool is amazing!!!

I wanted to see them live but there show sold out in 7min last spring!!!

I've heard there live performances are incredible...
            1999 Camaro Z/28
            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

tool is reall good ....
              <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

eh im not really a fan of anything that was mentioned

favorite bands/singers : Jason Mraz, Jacks Mannequin, Matt Wertz, Rocky Vottolotto, Something Corporate, Blink-182, Guster, DMB, red jumpsuit, etc

extremely little rap (jay-z, dre, (only older stuff if anything))
                even smaller country (carrie, ex)

Comment

i appreciate everything for what it is, you cant judge one kind of music compared to another... they were made in different times for different audiences. but thats probably why i can listen to everything and find some meaning out of it to enjoy it.
                  2000 Camaro 3800 A4

Comment

Originally posted by L36Camaro
                    The reason I posted this is because, all my friends make fun of me for listening to real music. 50s-60s music. I wanted to see what you guys thought.
                    I DO NOT listen to this crap music today, all the people do is scream, and talk really fast, and they get paid tons of money.
                    BTW, I’m only 17.
                    If one gets familiar with some of the music of that era, it enhances yr enjoyment of much of todays music.
                    For some like you, it can unfortunatly expose shortcomings in current styles.

Thanks for the link.

Comments on the vid state that his comeback special drew higher ratings than the moonlanding.
                    If you think folks are divided now over Iraq, back in that day 'Nam and MLK's assasination were ball-busters. The song was a product of the times...
                    Back to EP, he was alright for the hype, but his voice was under-appreciated for the glam and sex. I know all the Brits like the Beatles, Zep, and the Stones cited him as their main influence, along with Lil Richard and the Bluesmen...
                    Burnin' Love was as cool to us stoners as Zep's Immigrant Song on the radio back then (RnRoll was pop radio!:cool: )...

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                      I just don't think the Beatles had the emotion of bands like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Hendrix.....just not my style of music. They were great, I guess, but little too pop culture for me. There were alot of bands that changed the music scene forever, including Sabbath and Zeppelin, and in my opinion, more so than the Beatles did. Every modern Rock band, whether it be from the US, Europe, whatever, has its derivitives from either one of these two bands. Nirvana changed the scene, Metallica, Chuck Berry back in the middle 50's, someone comes along and changes music a little. The Beatles are nothing special to me, personally, are nothing more than a fad, and like what happens when the public likes something, The Beatles are only rememberd simply because of their popularity, and are only popular to that extent because of experiences they had, not the music they played. To say EVERYONE who knows about the Beatles remember them about their music is not true. I think many things over a period of time have thrown popularity at them, beginning with the shooting of John Lennon.

Not to mention, Led Zeppelin had the greatest percussionist (NOT DRUMMER) that ever lived. If his life wasn't short lived, that band would have carried to the 90's and maybe even later.

Thats the thing though, the Beatles music is great. Its incredibly well written and composed. Pretty much all of the Beatles have been quoted saying that it was pointless to play live shows after a while because the girls screaming was overwhelming. You should listen to Magical Mystery Tour, Revolver, and Rubber Soul, which were composed in the studio and were really too intricate to be played live.
                      Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
                        Thats the thing though, the Beatles music is great. Its incredibly well written and composed. Pretty much all of the Beatles have been quoted saying that it was pointless to play live shows after a while because the girls screaming was overwhelming. You should listen to Magical Mystery Tour, Revolver, and Rubber Soul, which were composed in the studio and were really too intricate to be played live.
                        Along with Brian Wilson and Dylan, they pretty much invented modern music.
                        yah, imagine them tryin to perform Strawberry Fields at the Hollywood Bowl.:dj:
                        Closest to them in the last 20 years or so might be Radiohead. Closest thing to EP today might be Brittany; I think women have replaced men as the 'vanilla queen'...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X