Calling all members....need immediate help!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all members....need immediate help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all members....need immediate help!!

This week I found out that there willl be a meeting of our school board regarding the determination of our high school football. I and other parents have been asked to send a letter to the board members regarding why we should continue to have a football team for the next 2007 season.

Here is a brief history.... For 3 years now, our team is so small that not only do we play 8 man football but most players play iron man (play both offense & defense) for the entire game. As it stands now, the board members say we will have 11 members to play for 2007 and this is including 1 student from another school district that is co-oping from another school district that doesn't have football. Out of these 11 players the board feels that 3 players grades will not allow them to play at 1st qtr grades. If this was true and 1 injury we would have to forfeit our season. So what the board proposes is we cancel our 2007 season so in 2008 we can co-op with a different school to play football.

I know this is a whole lot to ask with only a little bit of information but I ned to do everything I can so that my son can play football his SENIOR year.

I have couple problems with this. the first problem is that the 2007 season is my son's senior year. the second problem is that our school gives up football to co-op with another school....whcih meeans there is a high probablility that we will never have football team of our own again.

One more note on this.... is the population of our school is about 70 students for grades 9-12... the school that we are co-oping with is about 30 students 9-12. The school that we would co-op with for football for would be about 70 students.

Here is what i need help with.....I need to explain that with 11 team players that it would be enough to play 8 man football. As far as the 3 guys that would not make the grade....maybe the knowledge that the teams success would encourage them to work harder and make better grades. On top of this, I have knowledge that there may be an addtional 3 players from the co-oping team that want to play football but haven't officially informed their school or our school that they will play.

As I have never written a letter to our school board, much less one to change a decision that is already made...i could use help. I need to eloquently explain that i have taught my children to never give up For classes yet to come, it will not be the same to watch them play for another school instead of their own. Overall where is our team pride.???

Thanks for your help and advice!!!!!
    2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Re: Calling all members....need immediate help!!

Why does your son "need" to play football?

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

its a toughy, we've had a few schools shut down football becuase lack of players. sucks but honestly theres not much you can do since the enrollment is so low. all you can do is hope they dont cut the football team out, or get more students involved with it.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
        Why does your son "need" to play football?
        Maybe "need" is the wrong word. But my son has payed his heart out for 5 years and has always been one of the most dedicated players on the team. And now the school is going to let him down.

My point is they have enough players and with a little luck could play out the season. If there are too many injuries and they have to forfeit the rest of the season then at least they tried.
        2000 Firebird A4, 3.42 LSD, K&N, Free Cold Air, PaceSetter, 3" in/out Catco, 3" S-Pipe, 3" Intermidiate Pipe, 2.5" Flowmaster 80

Comment

have you tired transfering him to another school... i know its his senior year but sounds like you won't have a football team there. Unless you can get more people involved and petitions always help
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Dig up some credible research that you can cite that shows the positive effect of sports on youth. Quote the research.

(try google, google scholar and citeseer.com)

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
              have you tired transfering him to another school... i know its his senior year but sounds like you won't have a football team there. Unless you can get more people involved and petitions always help
              Thats what i was thinking...

Anyway, since it is his senior year; what about college? Surely if he loves football then a university with a football program would be right up there... no?

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
              R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                Thats what i was thinking...

Anyway, since it is his senior year; what about college? Surely if he loves football then a university with a football program would be right up there... no?
                Very hard to play football in college without some high school credibility. Usually the NCAA or NAIA want someone out there that can be competitve. If football means that much to him, you wouldn't want to subject him to the tedious, long, and usually dissappointing experience of being a walk-on player.
                1995 Pontiac Firebird
                2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                  Very hard to play football in college without some high school credibility. Usually the NCAA or NAIA want someone out there that can be competitve. If football means that much to him, you wouldn't want to subject him to the tedious, long, and usually dissappointing experience of being a walk-on player.
                  walk-ons at UK usually end up starting

but seriously if he really likes football then get him into a decent football high school or atleast one that has alot of students and also look at schools that have players goin to college. Being a walkon isn't bad if you like football.
                  Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Now you should know better than anyone that Commonwealth Stadium is not where UK magic happens, its at Rupp Arena. But Bear Bryant did coach at Kentucky for a little part of his career. But I think those stats are no match for the winningest colligate basketball team ever.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th
                      Yea thats true i suppose, chances are tho he's not going to have much choice anyway... i mean how much credibility are you gonna get from playing for a 70 student high school that's football program is constantly on the chopping block?

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Max Lane left here for Navy and on to the Pats. Played in one Super Bowl.

My son can't go to a different school just to play ball, MO rules. Collage scholarship would be a slim hope if he plays but no hope if he don't.

The big thing is there are enough boys to play but they don't. We have got to have more over weight, lazy kids I had ever seen. I guess farm communities are not what they use to be.

But I got my letter written and with hope the boys from Stet will show for Mondays meeting.

Comment

That's bad advice to transfer him to another school because of football. Schools should be learning institutions, not athletic training grounds.

I sympathize, and hope your son gets to play his senior year, but where are his priorities going to be in the future: football, or college, or something else? I seriously doubt football, because he's only played 8-man ball at a tiny school.

Again, I hope he gets to play, but if he doesn't, it's not the end of the world by any means. Good luck.
                          -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X