My garage door remote is dying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My garage door remote is dying.

My garage door opener is like a brick. It is missing both of the panels that are removable. This has happened because it is about 20 years old. It works well but I want to find a replacement. I have the dip switch settings but have no idea where to find another more modern looking control. Any ideas? This thing is so old, it makes this weird electrical zapping noise whenever you press the button. I was not able to program my bravada's built in garage door opener because the technology is so old. Is this because the bravada's system is digital and this is analog? I have no idea, but where can I find a universal remote that will work with my old school garage door opener system?
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Re: My garage door remote is dying.

I'm not sure if they make any replacements for that far back(20 years ago), but I was able to get replacement remotes for our garage door unit by looking up some info on the web. The garage door unit is an "Overhead Garage Door" brand and it was installed in 1995... so about 12 years old. It doesn't have all that new security stuff(randomly changing codes, etc.), so the code is set up through dipswitches.

All I had to do was find a remote that was compatible with my unit and one that emitted on the same frequency. I ended up getting a generic replacement remote for my unit on ebay for around $26 shipped. When I received it, I just changed the switches inside to match my code. It works great.

Just try doing some searches on google and ebay for more information about your unit and the remote. If the manufacturer still exists, maybe give them a call to see if they even have replacements(I doubt it) or know of places that do. I never thought I would find a replacement myself, but I did!
    Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

mine is overhead door too. Just bought one online for 26+10.99 shipping. I hope it works. The frequency i ordered is the same as mine so hopefully the dips are all i need to get it working
      Mystic Teal Metallic
      ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

We get our universal remotes from the Home Depot. They have the dip switches, and you can program both buttons with the dips. We us them for our gates at work.

Rob
        \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

I bought a replacement remote at Dome Hepot.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X