camaro blew up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camaro blew up

so silverrs96 came up and stayed with me for the weekend and then we hit the track today. met up with a bunch of people including camaroboy and 12secondv6.

so i was all excited, first run of the 07 season for me. so i'm at the line. i do a good burn out and pull up to the line. my twostep was on so i'm bounching around like crazy. nitrous is on and ready to go. light goes green and BANG right away. camaro stalled out and i had to try to drive her down the track. i was going as fast as i could and i still only got down there in 30 something seconds.

got the camaro to the pit area and meet up with iluvpizzatime10(mike) poped the hood and my whisper lid was blew into about 4 parts. my air bafle was hanging on my sway bar, my maf screen was all over the place just blew up, part was melted into the front of the whisper lide, i have the indentation on my hood of my whisper lid. air filter is just black. whisper lid is just melted to he!l.

if i had insultion under my hood my car would have gone up in flames again.

here are a few pics. i will take somemore tomorrow. thank god its not as bad as it could have been. doesn't seem like ne happened to my engine or tranny. i'm going to replace my tb intake and little ins and outs and i will be fine.

everyone with nitrous purge purge purge and purge agian. that is what happened to me. little bit of air in my line. needless to say my day was over in about .007 of a second. 12secondv6 was right behind me in line when this happened and got it on video. i can't wait to see it. camaroboy who was a few cars behind with his windows up and helmet on could hear my freaking load a$$ BOOM got to love it!

WAWA-A-HOLIC

Re: camaro blew up

thats my nightmare.. hope you get her fixed up soon.
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

Comment

Yikes! Cant wait to see the video of that and more pics .
      Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Thats why i don't mess with nitrous :tup:

Glad to hear its not monumental damage though
        Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Welcome to the club!!!

That sux though. I had to replace, the MAF, MAF screen (I dont think you have one), MAP sensor, Intake, airfilter and my TB gasket and upper intake manifold gasket. You'll need a new tune when you replace all those sensors too.

If you have any questions about it, PM me or catch me on AIM.
          Last edited by Shodown; 03-04-2007, 09:05 PM.
          sigpic
          1997 Camaro RS A4
          2006 Chevy Colorado
          2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Dang, sorry to hear that, hopefully it won't be too bad to fix and all will be well again. Did you keep the 30 something second timeslip? :p
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I remember being next to a z28 that did that, loudest noise I have ever heard
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

nitrous backfire I assume?

you are running a wet kit right?

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT
                  nitrous backfire I assume?
                  yes sir
                  2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Personally..... in the millions of times I have blown up..... she experienced a "nitrous sneeze."

There is a decent amount of carnage..... but could have been much worse. I am very happy that you were able to make it home.... all the things can be repaired.

And yes.... I was behind her and video taped her rolling through the water box, burn out, staging and then boom :(

I'll get the video up soon.

It was great to meet everyone and I hope to do it again soon!

My new bests are in the drag racing section
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

ouch... well good news is time for NEW parts "yay"
                      Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

I read the title and thought something completely f***ed up. It's good there's not any damage to the motor or tranny.

BTW: take pictures of the hood indentation!
                        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

haha kristen u were sooooo pissed when u came over to where me and mike were....u were about to throw ur keys at us and all we knew was ur car went BOOM lol...better get that all fixed up cuz the beater isnt gonna b to much fun lol

87 Firebird RIP
                          96 Camaro RS RIP
                          94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
                          02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
                            ouch... well good news is time for NEW parts "yay"

haha, yes, I do recall you recently saying you had nothing more to get for your car...well, here you go! :p
                            sigpic
                            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

That sucks, i thought you had internal damage when i read the title glad its just minor.

oh and Dry shot FTW lol ;)

'96 Trans Am M6:) Cam, lifters, 1.6rr, lt4 springs, 4 bolt mains, long tubes, TDs, short throw...etc
                              '99 Firebird SOLD 1/4 mile 15.4 @ 86
                              '66 Ford SOLD

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X