my 96 camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 96 camaro

i bought a 96 camaro with a 3800 series 2 v-6 i thought when i bought it it was a regular camaro after doing some looking the insurance company has it as a camaro rs found the owner it had been wrecked but didnt put the spolier kit back on it i want to but the orignal spoiler kit on it but cant find one

Re: my 96 camaro

ummmm...

junk yard?
    ebay?
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

All insurance companies have all v6's labeled as RS's even when they are not. Check your door sticker to see if its a true RS or not.
      sigpic
      1997 Camaro RS A4
      2006 Chevy Colorado
      2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown
        All insurance companies have all v6's labeled as RS's even when they are not. Check your door sticker to see if its a true RS or not.
        Nope not all. Mine isn't listed as an RS.

What is the RPO code for a RS? I was looking for it for a guy on another board and couldn't find one for the 4th Gen RS's.

Rob
        \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

The RS spoiler is @$$-ugly anyway.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by rt1
            Nope not all. Mine isn't listed as an RS.
            My last car was listed as an RS when it wasnt one and I have heard 86786565 stories of v6 owners saying the same thing. There have been multiple threads about it.

Originally posted by rt1
            What is the RPO code for a RS? I was looking for it for a guy on another board and couldn't find one for the 4th Gen RS's.
            I forgot the RPO code, it can be found in the Gen Tech section though. I think its R1V, but I could be wrong.

BTW, if you find out that it is, in fact, a true RS or just want a 3 pc spoiler, run a search thru the Appearance section and you can find where to get one.
            Last edited by Shodown; 03-04-2007, 04:25 PM.
            sigpic
            1997 Camaro RS A4
            2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

My last car was listed as an RS when it wasnt one and I have heard 86786565 stories of v6 owners saying the same thing. There have been multiple threads about it.

I forgot the RPO code, it can be found in the Gen Tech section though. I think its R1V, but I could be wrong.
              Well like I said mine isn't listed by my insurance as an RS. So that's 86786565 to 1. Maybe because there wasn't an RS that year.

The only thing I found as a RPO code is the Y87, and that's not an RS package. I'll keep looking.

Rob
              \"A one that isn\'t cold, is scarcely a one at all\" <a href=\"http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html\" target=\"_blank\">Strongbad</a>

Comment

Check for a Y86 "MERCHANDISED PKG, CAMARO RS " or Y3B "SLP CAMARO RS"

Rob
                Last edited by rt1; 03-04-2007, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Y3B was only for 2001.

I keep coming up with the same thing Rob, everytime I search for "RS", I get threads about the Y87 package.

And you are correct, I shouldnt have generalized and said ALL v6's are listed as RS's, only the 96-02's were and your is a 95 so thats probably why it doesnt show up as an RS to insurance companies.
                  Last edited by Shodown; 03-04-2007, 05:49 PM.
                  sigpic
                  1997 Camaro RS A4
                  2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

Y3B was only for 2001.

I keep coming up with the same thing Rob, everytime I search for "RS", I get threads about the Y87 package.

And you are correct, I shouldnt have generalized and said ALL v6's are listed as RS's, only the 96-02's were and your is a 95 so thats probably why it doesnt show up as an RS to insurance companies.
                    I thought that SLP did the ones in 2002 also.

I learned a while ago that ALL doesn't mean ALL when it comes to Fbodies. LOL

Also I learned earlier that any coupe could get the Y87 package.

Rob

Comment

I'm pretty sure mine isn't listed as an RS... It has the RS appearance package (minus badging).. just not the Y87.. i'd have prefered it the other way around. Oh well.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                      i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                      R.I.P. '07 Pats
                      Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                        i'd have prefered it the other way around.

Like mine!!:banana: :p
                        sigpic
                        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
                          Like mine!!:banana: :p
                          Well cept for the whole geo metro thing, but yea :p

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
                          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
                          R.I.P. '07 Pats
                          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

the camaro RS spoiler is sexy...grreatskoscksky....you dont kno jack

:)

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
                              Well cept for the whole geo metro thing, but yea :p
                              Or the salad shooters :p
                              sigpic
                              1997 Camaro RS A4
                              2006 Chevy Colorado

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X