Why our cars are considered Legends? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why our cars are considered Legends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why our cars are considered Legends?

On one of the Camaro myspace groups someone asked if the Cobalt would every be considered as a legend in the future. I responded by comparing how the Cavalier even though there was a Z24 package for it is still not that popular and was replaced. I also think that our cars are legends because they were built to be raced, if I am not mistaken. Cars like the Camaro were built to race in racing events. Which events I dont know but I know that it did particepate in some. I also know that the Camaro was the pace car for NASCAR, like the Vette. So this is why I think that even though the Camaro was gone for a while it is still a legend.

Re: Why our cars are considered Legends?

Just because it was a pacecar does not make it a legend...

If I recall the 78 Olds Delta 88 was a pace car...no means a racecar

However, the Camaro is a legend imo...and yes the Z28 was made to be a racecar (hence the 302 was used for a while due to race restrictions i believe)
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

No Z24 was ever the inspiration for IROC races; Comeros were the basis of IROC (yes, later Firebirds in the IROC). F bodies, along with Mustangs, are the everyman's affordable daily driver with in-your-face (well, not Mustang) style that says driving excitement.

20 or 30 years years from now, no driver of a Civic or a so-called "performance sedan" will remember the great style and driving fun of those boring look-alike cars back in the day. On the other hand, every F body driver will remember how great the cars looked and how the 4th gen cars, V6 and V8, delivered outstanding performance - and that they did not have to be a rich person to afford it.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

check out this 1985 IROC commercial (later half of video)... yeah, they were definitely marketing the third gen as a race car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI2B3ldx6Q0&NR

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68
          No Z24 was ever the inspiration for IROC races; Comeros were the basis of IROC (yes, later Firebirds in the IROC). F bodies, along with Mustangs, are the everyman's affordable daily driver with in-your-face (well, not Mustang) style that says driving excitement.

20 or 30 years years from now, no driver of a Civic or a so-called "performance sedan" will remember the great style and driving fun of those boring look-alike cars back in the day. On the other hand, every F body driver will remember how great the cars looked and how the 4th gen cars, V6 and V8, delivered outstanding performance - and that they did not have to be a rich person to afford it.
          Pretty much. What makes cars legends is the fact that they are remember for being something great. Be it looks, performance, exclusivity, uniqueness, its got to be something that sets it apart from all the other cars of its time. I'd say that the Camaro has done that.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

the fbody is a legend because its one of the few muscle cars that made it out of the muscle car era.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Yea.. the cobolt tho.... uhhh no. Probably not. I mean if you look back, theres only been a small handful of economy cars that were ever considered legends: The Mini (that had a HUGE cult following, racing hertitage and not to mention a couple movies), the VW Beetle (more were made than any other car), and maybe the Ford Pinto (legendary in terms of flamability)... and thats pretty much it.

i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
              R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber
                the fbody is a legend because its one of the few muscle cars that made it out of the muscle car era.
                couldn't say it better
                Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

It's an affordable sports car.

How many times have you heard someone say "I remember my 19XX camaro wish I had kept it". Everyone seemed to have owned one and always remembered it.

As already stated, nobody says, I remember my 88 Sentra. wish I still had that car.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

The Camaro is a legend due to several factors:

1) Styling: from the aggressive, muscular look of the 1st gen to the sleek body of the 4th gen, the Camaro has styling that one can remember. Camaros look BOLD, no matter which year model.

2) Performance: These cars were made to be raced, and that places them in the hearts and minds of performance enthusiasts, the guys who REALLY determine the long-term remembrance of cars. If a car has a big following in the performance category, chances are it will be legendary.

3) Endurance: The Camaro lived for 35 years (and will now live again.) Not many other models show that kind of durability. Combined with these other characteristics, the durability shows that this muscle car deserves to be classified as a legend.
                    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...e_of_Champions
                      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I think it's a few things.

Like SpeedingFirebird eluded to it's because our cars bring an emotional reaction from a broader base of people than most other cars. Sure there is a person out there that will fondly remember their 1993 ford taurus, but not many taurus owners will feel that way. Besides that they have a history in racing, have been around for a while, and have always offered a good bang for the buck fun car.

Comment

Intresting... i wonder why they still use the old Trans-ams? ... and i wonder if they'll switch to the new camaro when that comes out... that would be cool. We might even get a new Iroc-Z :drool:

R.I.P. '07 Pats

Comment

camaros are a legend cause i own one!
                            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

:rolleyes: Best answer by far^

Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X