• Show
Clear All

Re: Surviving the Flu

just got over the flu

****ing sucks

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
      I never get sick, the last time was probably 12 years ago. How you say? drink more alcohol. It will kill the germs and bacteria before they have a chance to settle in. If that doesn't work your not drinking enough, try harder.
      I always wondered if that is really true. Anyways I always get a flu shot, only had it a couple of times a long time ago. Hope everyone gets better.
      Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Originally Posted by youngsc
        I never get sick, the last time was probably 12 years ago. How you say? drink more alcohol. It will kill the germs and bacteria before they have a chance to settle in. If that doesn't work your not drinking enough, try harder.

"I always wondered if that is really true."

I'm pretty sure he was kidding, because of the try harder bit.

In any event, it would be a bad idea. Alcohol dehydrates you, which is the last thing you want when dealing with the flu.
        2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

I was being partly serious. I have never got a flu shot, at least not for as long as I can remember. I'm not an alcoholic, still working on that, but I do enjoy some brews a few times a week. The last time I was really sick was when I was about 13, couldn't drink yet. I think one of the biggest things it comes down to as with most things in life is just a simple matter of mind over matter, get your mind off it and it wont matter.
          Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

I was being partly serious. I have never got a flu shot, at least not for as long as I can remember. I'm not an alcoholic, still working on that, but I do enjoy some brews a few times a week. The last time I was really sick was when I was about 13, couldn't drink yet. I think one of the biggest things it comes down to as with most things in life is just a simple matter of mind over matter, get your mind off it and it wont matter.
            hey, youngsc

i feel like your a very negative person, always looking at the bad sides of things. am i wrong here?

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
              hey, youngsc

i feel like your a very negative person, always looking at the bad sides of things. am i wrong here?
              Not so much negative, I wouldn't call it that at least, I would call it being a realist. Now did you come to that conclusion based on what I said or the quote I have. If you came to it based on what I said then that's pretty damned good. Anyway let's get back to the flu (topic) at hand and not give me any more moral uplifting, please.

Comment

the flu sucks. rest is the best thing for it IMO.
                Dave:
                00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
                97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319
                  the flu sucks. rest is the best thing for it IMO.
                  Flu sucks ****, this pneumonia is kicking my *** though :(
                  Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Not so much negative, I wouldn't call it that at least, I would call it being a realist. Now did you come to that conclusion based on what I said or the quote I have. If you came to it based on what I said then that's pretty damned good. Anyway let's get back to the flu (topic) at hand and not give me any more moral uplifting, please.

ya i did, i just dont understand why...

be happy! its easier than being sad.

you have to try and stay sad

just surround urself with positive things.

/Dr. Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
                      ya i did, i just dont understand why...

be happy! its easier than being sad.

you have to try and stay sad

just surround urself with positive things.

/Dr. Phil

God do I feel better now, lol. Your right it is easier than being sad but I guess it's all in perspective. My situation is easy compared to others while still some others may think i have it rough because they aren't where I'm at. The main problem is I can't erase memories or thoughts as easily as I can on my computer. Ah well that's why beer was invented to make ugly people beautiful and to randomly erase your memory. Your thoughts on this dr. phil.

Edit: is my new quote better for you?

Comment

God do I feel better now, lol. Your right it is easier than being sad but I guess it's all in perspective. My situation is easy compared to others while still some others may think i have it rough because they aren't where I'm at. The main problem is I can't erase memories or thoughts as easily as I can on my computer. Ah well that's why beer was invented to make ugly people beautiful and to randomly erase your memory. Your thoughts on this dr. phil.

Edit: is my new quote better for you?

your new qoute is excellent. while still being witty u changed the negative to positive which is good. im proud of you :) a step in the right direction. we all have awful memories TRUST ME you have no idea. but instead of drinking ur problems away go to the gym, make a steak, go do a burnout in an empty parking lot. find other ways to cope with stress and/or erase those memories. its alot harder to try and remember them than just forgetting them and moving on. surround yourself with people and things that make you happy and youll feel alot better.

im starting my own talk show

Comment

Besides the enzymatic problem I have now and will never get rid of, Ive never been sick. I think alot of the reason why I don't is because I am always drinking some kind of fluid or another. I easily drink a gallon or more of water a day, not sure why, but I am always thirsty. Never had a flu shot, never had the flu. Last illness I have ever had was chicken pox when I was 6.
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird
                          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X