lowered my camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lowered my camaro

dang. Sucks about the 6, but i hate you for the 8. How much did that end up costing you? And how is that change in power? :p
    My dream is to one day own a WS6 Trans am or SS Camaro... Someday.

Glad you're okay, don't let that happen to the new set of wheels!
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by silvachris1
      Wanna part out some stuff from that car? I'll take the seats. Wanna trade for some nitrous, make the SS faster?
      i have nitrous. i have about 22lb collecting dust in my saturn waiting to get hooked up to the SS (almost full 10lb and 15lb bottles). this next time, it is going in the trunk with the remote bottle opener that i was too lazy to hook up.

also...
      the insurance company wants the car for salvage.
      the car was stuck in drive and the front left wheel wasn't moving - car also has LSD. it was towed twice (out of tree and from one tow yard to another) so the tow guys were beating on it pretty hard to push it around.

here it is after it showed up at the second lot (body shop storage).

to take the seats, i'd have to buy the car back.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverRS96
        wow what a turn of events right there smashed convert v6 to a sweet convert SS...btw i hate u
        i can feel your hate. come to the LS1 side of the force young silverrs96...

if anyone is considering getting a camaro ss, i *HiGHLY* recommend it as long as you don't mind buying an older car.

the thing is perfect right out of the box. i'm very pleased with the suspension. i think this one has decarbons though - they look orange, but they don't feel like decarbons. i think the FE4 is standard with WS6 and SS which i can confirm has upgraded springs, sway bars, 17in wheels, poly bushings, etc.

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
        dang. Sucks about the 6, but i hate you for the 8. How much did that end up costing you? And how is that change in power? :p
        My dream is to one day own a WS6 Trans am or SS Camaro... Someday.

Glad you're okay, don't let that happen to the new set of wheels!
        it's hard to get anyone to finance an 8 year old car. i had no problem getting pre-approved for a 2000+ with 30K mi or less. i was looking at 2004-2005 GTOs, but with the insurance company charging me for an accident and my speeding ticket in june, my insurance would be over $330/month here in the bay area. having an 8 year old ss is the sweet spot for me for the next 3 years in terms of insurance rates.

i'm paying 15k for it at 9%.
        i'm going to pay it off in time to go for a 2010 camaro (my insurance adjuster's dream car). i was going to pay $22k for a 2001 SS with 15k miles but someone bought it before i could get to the dealership.

on the stock tune with the ss, it chirps the tires going into 2nd gear (A4, LSD, 275/40/17 tires) and gets up into the triple digits by the time my v6 finished shifting into 3rd - and thats with the top down.

the power was insane at first. i felt like it could go sideways or break the rear end if i went beyond 40% throttle in any gear. after getting used to the LS1 and feeling where the power is, it is crystal clear that it wants long tubes and a cam to really show its potential.

after driving a v6 camaro or firebird, i can think of no better buyer for a ws6 or ss - get em while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
          I was horrified reading that story.. till i got to the second post... you bastard

Least you're ok tho.

P.S. can i have any bits you don't want? (rims, etc.):D
          there's only 3 "good" (minor curb rash) rims. if you want them for $200, call me before 11am tomorrow/today (02/24). i'll be at the lot, signing the car over to the insurance company. i can bring 3 snowflakes to the lot and swap the wheels out. i saw a 4th wheel on ebay for $150 shipped - then you will still need tires.

i think the front sway bar is bent. the strut tower brace is already in my ss
          fits like a glove, but the tranny dipstick is sitting against it. the color is off, but maybe thats a good reason to get corvette fuel rail covers and a clear mti lid balance it out.

Comment

Originally posted by BobDoLe
            there's only 3 "good" (minor curb rash) rims. if you want them for $200, call me before 11am tomorrow/today (02/24). i'll be at the lot, signing the car over to the insurance company. i can bring 3 snowflakes to the lot and swap the wheels out. i saw a 4th wheel on ebay for $150 shipped - then you will still need tires.

i think the front sway bar is bent. the strut tower brace is already in my ss
            fits like a glove, but the tranny dipstick is sitting against it. the color is off, but maybe thats a good reason to get corvette fuel rail covers and a clear mti lid balance it out.
            :cry:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
            i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
            R.I.P. '07 Pats
            Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Sorry to hear about the v6 :(, but 'grats on the SS :D

Now get off the computer and go hook up your nitrous system to the new car!! :rock:
              sigpic
              1997 Camaro RS A4
              2006 Chevy Colorado
              2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

thanks for the kind words, guys.

Originally posted by Shodown
                Sorry to hear about the v6 :(, but 'grats on the SS :D

Now get off the computer and go hook up your nitrous system to the new car!! :rock:
                i would do it in a heartbeat if i had the time to get cold plugs in there. i also want to get a lid and tps/window switch.
                if you ignore the ss exhaust rumble, it feels just like my 2001 v6 on a 100 shot - just with more top end. a 125 shot on this thing is going to be nuts :burn:

Comment

Originally posted by BobDoLe

You could pick up an STB for V8 F-bodies to clear that if it bugs ya.
                  Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X