Anyone know how to use MiniTab good? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to use MiniTab good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to use MiniTab good?

I got a Minitab assignment do tommorow for It/stat 250 and im having a hard time trying to find MiniTab commands online.

I need probability commands to enter. here is an example of the kinds of problems i need to use minitab for.

1. A few years ago it was reported that 79.9% of adult Americans were
    satisfied with the job the nation's major airlines were doing. Suppose
    77 adult Americans are selected at random and the number who are
    satisfied is recorded.

a) Find the probability that exactly 66 of them are satisfied.

Copy all the commands you used and the response from MINITAB from the
    session window into this document after this sentence.

Type your answer after this paragraph. Please use complete, coherent
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

then the 2nd type of problem i need the commands for is...

2. According to the an almanac, 79.2% of adult smokers started
    smoking before turning 18 years old. Suppose 305 smokers 18 years old
    or older were selected at random and the number of smokers who started
    smoking before 18 is recorded.

a) Find the probability that between 235 and 245 of them, inclusive,
    started smoking before 18 years of age.
    -----------------------------------

I dont need to know how to solve the problems. I need to know what commands to use in Minitab. If you guys dont know what minitab is just ignore. If your curious its just statistical software.

Also i cant use the drop down menus. The TA makes us use commands in the editor box. **** sucks...
    1994 Arctic White Camaro T-Tops(all options except leather)<br />80 Series Flowmaster Muffler<br />Ebay Cold Air Intake<br />Earthquake in the back known as a Kicker Solo Baric 15 L7<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/sirshaun</a>

Re: Anyone know how to use MiniTab good?

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!11 Math! :head explodes:

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
    i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
    R.I.P. '07 Pats
    Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

I had to use minitab for a stats class before. That program blows. Did yours not come with some sort of instruction manual? You can find the manual (or selected parts of it) here http://www.minitab.com/support/docs/...eetMinitab.pdf

My best bet is that you will want to follow the directions in section 3, although all I did was skim. You should have some type of direction from your teacher or in your book or something that will tell you which type of analysis to run (one way ANOVA, etc.) Hope maybe this helped a little.

I hated stats. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball27
        AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!11 Math! :head explodes:
        lol.. not math.. fake math, aka statistics... if the answer doesnt seem right, just use another method or consider certain parts of the data outliers until the curve looks like you wnat it too...
        Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

Originally posted by camaroman1181
          lol.. not math.. fake math, aka statistics... if the answer doesnt seem right, just use another method or consider certain parts of the data outliers until the curve looks like you wnat it too...
          Ooooh, statistics.. i remember that. Thats the subject where everything is made up and none of it really matters.... kinda like improv comedy.

Originally posted by SSMOWS6
          i mean, you can always fly wes out there and since he's a tool sometimes, fashion him into a plow for the maro
          R.I.P. '07 Pats
          Still... 18-1 > 1 and done

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X